03-09-2017, 01:00 PM #1
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know you can set your game saves to backup to the cloud but is there a way to make that process not automatic? Reason I'm asking this is because some games you can save at any point but can resume only once. *For example, the arcade series pacman you can exploit the backup save on PS4 so you have unlimited tries by loading the backup save over and over again if you fail making the difficult achievements a lot easier. If you can't set it manual, can you have your save in the cloud and local, play offline, delete your local save, connect back to live, and the cloud save just downloads?
03-10-2017, 08:17 AM #2
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by jbowers310 View Post
I know you can set your game saves to backup to the cloud but is there a way to make that process not automatic? Reason I'm asking this is because some games you can save at any point but can resume only once. *For example, the arcade series pacman you can exploit the backup save on PS4 so you have unlimited tries by loading the backup save over and over again if you fail making the difficult achievements a lot easier. If you can't set it manual, can you have your save in the cloud and local, play offline, delete your local save, connect back to live, and the cloud save just downloads?

Don't think there is...

Not tried this but you could give it a shot:

• Get to the part you'd like to keep the save at (cloud)
  • Quit game & switch to offline mode
  • Go back onto the game & try to complete that part

• If you complete it, turn offline mode off & the cloud save will be overwritten.
    • If you fail, go to manage games & delete the local save

• Go back online & let it sync the save from/to the cloud
  • Repeat

Long process but the only thing I can think off. Your trophies should sync over when you go back online.
03-10-2017, 11:48 AM #3
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
Don't think there is...

Not tried this but you could give it a shot:

• Get to the part you'd like to keep the save at (cloud)
  • Quit game & switch to offline mode
  • Go back onto the game & try to complete that part

• If you complete it, turn offline mode off & the cloud save will be overwritten.
    • If you fail, go to manage games & delete the local save

• Go back online & let it sync the save from/to the cloud
  • Repeat

Long process but the only thing I can think off. Your trophies should sync over when you go back online.

I'm talking about Xbox One bro haha apparently you can delete the local save while the game is running! I will just do that if I fail an attempt at an achievement and restore from the cloud save to try again.
03-10-2017, 11:52 AM #4
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by jbowers310 View Post
I'm talking about Xbox One bro haha apparently you can delete the local save while the game is running! I will just do that if I fail an attempt at an achievement and restore from the cloud save to try again.

Yeh that's what I mean, you'd have to go offline while playing as the cloud save would automatically be overwritten if there's a local one.
03-10-2017, 03:31 PM #5
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
Yeh that's what I mean, you'd have to go offline while playing as the cloud save would automatically be overwritten if there's a local one.

I believe the cloud save only gets overwritten when you quit the game...but if I delete the local save before I quit the game there's nothing there for it to be overwritten...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo