Post: Upgraded my X with an SSD and repasted the heatsink, couldn't be happier!
12-23-2018, 08:43 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I got my X back in March and was never 100% happy with my purchase quality wise. The system is very well put together, but 2 things annoyed me the most:

It's pretty much a lottery if you get a system with You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. a good thermal compound application out of the box. I was unlucky as my system would get audibly loud from ~10 ft away when playing non-X-enhanced games. Playing X-enhanced games meant full jet engine mode similar to the PS4 pro, even though we were promised 'whisper quiet' operation with the X similar to the OG and S systems. I had an OG since launch day and it never made a peep.

The stock drive just doesn't cut it. With 100gb games becoming shockingly normal, the 5400rpm drive is far too slow and although load times were better than my OG system, they're still annoyingly slow for a much more powerful system. Also for some reason my drive was loud, from ~10ft away on the dash I could hear it ticking away and when the system was off and presumably doing auto-updates I would just hear it start ticking. Another issue my OG system never had, it was dead quiet for the 4.5 years I got out of it.
Last edited by Bansisingh ; 12-24-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo