02-12-2011, 07:14 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
How to Upgrade Your RAM Using a USB Flashdrive

Upgrading your RAM will make your computer run more efficiently. Games, internet browsing and application speeds will increase.

1.) Plug your flash drive into one of the USB ports. Make sure you have no important files saved to the flash drive. The higher the memory on the flash drive, the more RAM you can add to you computer, however, certain computers can only use so much.

2.) Click Start > Computer > Right Click your flash drive > Properties

3.) Go to the Ready Boost tab and check the "Use this device." box. Now drag the slider all the way to the right, so you can use your flash drive to it's full potential. Click apply then Ok.

As you can see I have added 1902 megabytes of RAM, which is almost 2 Gigs.

4.) Now just to check if everything worked open up your flash drive and you should have a ReadyBoost file located inside of it.

And there you go your computer should now run more smoothly! Remember the more RAM you add the more of a difference you should see in performance.

Some IMPORTANT Things:
-The RAM added will not show up in your installed memory because it is "Virtual memory".
-Do not unplug your flashdrive while your computer is on, turn off before unplugging. Computer may crash if unplugged while computer is on.
-You can use as many flashdrives as you have USB ports.
-I recommend changing the name of you flashdrive to something involving "RAM" so you don't save any files to it.

Thanks for reading please Rate thread and comment.
Last edited by Toon_Squad ; 02-14-2011 at 08:48 PM.

The following 13 users say thank you to Toon_Squad for this useful post:

-Bane-, 0B4M4, Agent Wolf, Booshykins, dunczzzz, El Violador, FaTbOyOnAbiKe, gamer89117, i_luxx_i, mattlrich, Post Count, TheMagicPancake, xxzero26xx
02-22-2011, 06:42 PM #65
Originally posted by dylandavidson1 View Post
So it does alot then ?

ya Happy lmfaoo ClapsClaps
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM #66
King Dylan
Problem Sir?
thanks man ill try it just now

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

There is no ready boost tab...
02-22-2011, 07:02 PM #67
redmase1234
Bounty hunter
freaking awesome nice Happy
02-22-2011, 07:12 PM #68
Originally posted by redmase1234 View Post
freaking awesome nice Happy

haha your welcome

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Originally posted by dylandavidson1 View Post
thanks man ill try it just now

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

There is no ready boost tab...

what are you using xp or vista and if you using xp let me know cuz ill help you through teamviewer :p
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM #69
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by MrFancyHacker View Post
How to Upgrade Your RAM Using a USB Flashdrive

Upgrading your RAM will make your computer run more efficiently. Games, internet browsing and application speeds will increase.

1.) Plug your flash drive into one of the USB ports. Make sure you have no important files saved to the flash drive. The higher the memory on the flash drive, the more RAM you can add to you computer, however, certain computers can only use so much.

2.) Click Start > Computer > Right Click your flash drive > Properties

3.) Go to the Ready Boost tab and check the "Use this device." box. Now drag the slider all the way to the right, so you can use your flash drive to it's full potential. Click apply then Ok.

As you can see I have added 1902 megabytes of RAM, which is almost 2 Gigs.

4.) Now just to check if everything worked open up your flash drive and you should have a ReadyBoost file located inside of it.

And there you go your computer should now run more smoothly! Remember the more RAM you add the more of a difference you should see in performance.

Some IMPORTANT Things:
-The RAM added will not show up in your installed memory because it is "Virtual memory".
-Do not unplug your flashdrive while your computer is on, turn off before unplugging. Computer may crash if unplugged while computer is on.
-You can use as many flashdrives as you have USB ports.
-I recommend changing the name of you flashdrive to something involving "RAM" so you don't save any files to it.

Thanks for reading please Rate thread and comment.

Ready boost doesn't add the flash drive to ram, it's basically adding to the the pagefile. And no that is not true, ready boost really only impacts machines already running minimal ram so 512mb - 1GB is where you will see the most in performance from using it. People above that will hardly notice the change.

This isn't a substitute for ram and shouldnt be use as such.
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM #70
Originally posted by UP View Post
Ready boost doesn't add the flash drive to ram, it's basically adding to the the pagefile. And no that is not true, ready boost really only impacts machines already running minimal ram so 512mb - 1GB is where you will see the most in performance from using it. People above that will hardly notice the change.

This isn't a substitute for ram and shouldnt be use as such.

lmfao read everything please :p The RAM added will not show up in your installed memory because it is "Virtual memory"

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

lmfaoo and if you dont believe me pm D33Z3L i did on his xp and he see's the difference he said it him self his computer runs a bit much fast "starts more faster then it usually use to"
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM #71
Axiom
PC Gamer
You get much better software for this... You can add as many, and all the memory you want.

The following user thanked Axiom for this useful post:

Toon_Squad
02-22-2011, 07:33 PM #72
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by MrFancyHacker View Post
lmfao read everything please :p The RAM added will not show up in your installed memory because it is "Virtual memory"

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

lmfaoo and if you dont believe me pm D33Z3L i did on his xp and he see's the difference he said it him self his computer runs a bit much fast "starts more faster then it usually use to"

Learn how windows works please, virtual memory is pagefile. And ready boost doesn't take effect till you log in, so him saying it "starts faster" is a placebo effect.
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM #73
Originally posted by UP View Post
Learn how windows works please, virtual memory is pagefile. And ready boost doesn't take effect till you log in, so him saying it "starts faster" is a placebo effect.

well i really dont care what you think most of the people that read this worked for them prob you didnt get lucky if you tried i really dont care im just trying to help people around here so ya ClapsClaps

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo