Post: How to install Cydia on iOS 8.. EDIT Can now install Via the Pangu App
10-22-2014, 08:18 PM #1
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
EDIT - You can now install Cydia Via the Pangu app that installs when you jailbreak..Just open the app and download Cydia

1. Download the Cydia deb file You must login or register to view this content.

2, Download cydia-lproj file From here You must login or register to view this content.

3 - Now you need an SSH Program - For Mac Google CyberDuck ... For Windows Get Winscp

4 - Once you have your SSH program Installed Next you want to get your iDevices IP Address - Settings - WiFi - then click the BLUE ! on your WiFi Name and you should see the IP

6 - Now Open your SSH Program and in the Address put your iDevices IP.. In User put "root" and for Password put "alpine" ( Both without the " " )

7 - Now once you are SSH into your Device go to Private - Var - Root - Media.. In the Media section make a new folder called "Cydia" then in the Cydia folder make anohter folder called "AutoInstall"

8 - In the "AutoInstall" folder drag and drop both of them files you D/Led

9 - Now Once you have dragged and dropped them 2 files you need to open the command section On WinSCP its the little black box You must login or register to view this content.

10 - In the command box paste "dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb" then press Execute then paste this "dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb" and press execute again ( if you get any error in the box its ok i did and cydia is working fine..

11 - Once you have done both of them commands just close out of everything then reboot your iDevice and you should see Cydia

Note - Not alot of stuff will work as it will need to be updated for iOS 8

My iPhone running Cydia on 8.1 You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Pixie Lott ; 10-30-2014 at 07:25 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Pixie Lott for this useful post:

{JC}Modz, Cien, Glittery Penis Skittle, Joel, Lucy Pinder, Xcutioner, xkoeckiiej
10-24-2014, 12:42 PM #11
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Pixie
1. Download the Cydia deb file You must login or register to view this content.

2, Download cydia-lproj file From here You must login or register to view this content.

3 - Now you need an SSH Program - For Mac Google CyberDuck ... For Windows Get Winscp

4 - Once you have your SSH program Installed Next you want to get your iDevices IP Address - Settings - WiFi - then click the BLUE ! on your WiFi Name and you should see the IP

6 - Now Open your SSH Program and in the Address put your iDevices IP.. In User put "root" and for Password put "alpine" ( Both without the " " )

7 - Now once you are SSH into your Device go to Private - Var - Root - Media.. In the Media section make a new folder called "Cydia" then in the Cydia folder make anohter folder called "AutoInstall"

8 - In the "AutoInstall" folder drag and drop both of them files you D/Led

9 - Now Once you have dragged and dropped them 2 files you need to open the command section On WinSCP its the little black box You must login or register to view this content.

10 - In the command box paste "dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb" then press Execute then paste this "dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb" and press execute again ( if you get any error in the box its ok i did and cydia is working fine..

11 - Once you have done both of them commands just close out of everything then reboot your iDevice and you should see Cydia

Note - Not alot of stuff will work as it will need to be updated for iOS 8

My iPhone running Cydia on 8.1 You must login or register to view this content.

You should say that you need the substrate so you get safemode.

Winterboard is what I use to respring also.
10-24-2014, 02:21 PM #12
Jelly
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by Alt View Post
You should say that you need the substrate so you get safemode.

Winterboard is what I use to respring also.

hey yesterday i got stuck on the white apple logo but i restored and fixed it what tweak should i use so that i get safe mode
10-24-2014, 05:47 PM #13
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by kingqasimno1 View Post
hey yesterday i got stuck on the white apple logo but i restored and fixed it what tweak should i use so that i get safe mode

You need to get the mobile substrate.

Once Cydia is installed, here is what you should do:

Launch Cydia
Tap on Search tab, and browse for Cydia Substrate
Tap on Cydia Substrate from the displayed search results
Finally, tap on Install button, followed by the Confirm button.
Tap on Restart SpringBoard button when prompted

Once the device reboots, you will have complete access to latest jailbreak tweaks and apps for iOS 8/iOS 8.1 via Cydia Store.
10-24-2014, 06:03 PM #14
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Thank you =D
10-24-2014, 06:29 PM #15
Jelly
Maggbot timeout!

Launch Cydia

Once the device reboots, you will have complete access to latest jailbreak tweaks and apps for iOS 8/iOS 8.1 via Cydia Store.

thanks and btw can i get barrel then
10-24-2014, 06:38 PM #16
Jelly
Maggbot timeout!

Launch Cydia

i installed winter board after cydia sub instead of rebooting in killed backboard so i got stuck apple logo again but when i retsart device and hold up button nothing happens after one min of holding the screen goes black then back to apple logo but nothing from then ?
10-24-2014, 07:13 PM #17
Alt
Banned
i installed winter board after cydia sub instead of rebooting in killed backboard so i got stuck apple logo again but when i retsart device and hold up button nothing happens after one min of holding the screen goes black then back to apple logo but nothing from then ?

Did you respring after substrate was installed?

I know its buggy so might be stuck in a bootloop. Might have to restore from new and jailbreak again. One of the problems with it right now.
10-24-2014, 07:44 PM #18
Jelly
Maggbot timeout!
Did you respring after substrate was installed?

I know its buggy so might be stuck in a bootloop. Might have to restore from new and jailbreak again. One of the problems with it right now.

yeh resprung it with winscp
10-24-2014, 11:26 PM #19
Alt
Banned
yeh resprung it with winscp

How to get out of the Bootloop.

Hold power and volume phone down, till you see apple logo and then release home button and continue to hold power until your in dfu, connect to iTunes and restore.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo