02-10-2016, 12:35 AM #1
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm having problems with the game locking up randomly after playing about 7 - 9 minutes on Grief with 8 players. It consistently happens. I noticed that if I decrease the createFontString() usage by for example removing an additional instructions font string coming up with the mod menu itself, I can make the game last longer. Now I managed to play for about 16 minutes till it finally locked up the game. I'm using the You must login or register to view this content. by the way so it comes with a String overflow fix and should be of high coding quality by default. I also use the setSafeText() function whenever I'm setting texts and I'm correctly recreating those texts when the String overflow occurs. Any suggestions on fixing the freezing/lockup problems seemingly caused by text-based hud elements without removing them entirely? It appears as if the String overflow fix is not enough to make the GSC patch stable.

Thanks Happy
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 02-10-2016 at 12:38 AM.
02-10-2016, 01:04 AM #2
EternalHabit
Former Staff
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post
I'm having problems with the game locking up randomly after playing about 7 - 9 minutes on Grief with 8 players. It consistently happens. I noticed that if I decrease the createFontString() usage by for example removing an additional instructions font string coming up with the mod menu itself, I can make the game last longer. Now I managed to play for about 16 minutes till it finally locked up the game. I'm using the You must login or register to view this content. by the way so it comes with a String overflow fix and should be of high coding quality by default. I also use the setSafeText() function whenever I'm setting texts and I'm correctly recreating those texts when the String overflow occurs. Any suggestions on fixing the freezing/lockup problems seemingly caused by text-based hud elements without removing them entirely? It appears as if the String overflow fix is not enough to make the GSC patch stable.

Thanks Happy

I would be able to tell you if I knew anything about zombies but I don't :( I didn't even know my base worked on zombies

The following user thanked EternalHabit for this useful post:

BullyWiiPlaza
02-10-2016, 01:34 AM #3
itsSorrow
In my man cave
Originally posted by xTurntUpLobbies View Post
I would be able to tell you if I knew anything about zombies but I don't :( I didn't even know my base worked on zombies

its just a matter of changing the #includes from mp to zm
02-10-2016, 02:01 AM #4
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by GentleSlugger View Post
its just a matter of changing the #includes from mp to zm

You must login or register to view this content.
Originally posted by xTurntUpLobbies View Post

It works great. Some pieces of code become redundant but it doesn't matter if you keep them in. :P
However the hud elements freezing seems to be a general issue with GSC or the engine and isn't just Zombies related. On multiplayer you can easily restart the map or whatever and it's cool but on Zombies all the progress is lost so things that eat up resources are much more noticeable.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo