03-21-2013, 07:07 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I played this for a while today and all the maps are just shit. I think the only one I actually sort of like is WMD. What do you people think?

They're no way near as good as the maps in previous cod games. I mean on WaW there were plenty of memorable maps like Castle, Cliffside, Outskirts, Seelowand and Upheval. Likewise on cod4 for instance Ambush, Crossfire, Downpour, Overgrown, Pipeline, Strike and Crash. What the fuck went wrong, no seriously and I'm not buying DLC for BO either because fuck DLC the original game should at least have one decent level and I shouldn't have to pay extra for decent content.
03-22-2013, 04:34 PM #11
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
then why do u keep playing played it that long and how h8 on it?i dont get it is cod is that bad for you dont play it lol

I don't play it anymore, I went back and played against bots for a few games in spit screen yesterday and realised how shit all the maps were and then came on NGU to complain about it. I made 7th prestige at the beginning of last year I think and then stopped playing it.
03-22-2013, 10:28 PM #12
Originally posted by Madison
So I played this for a while today and all the maps are just shit. I think the only one I actually sort of like is WMD. What do you people think?

They're no way near as good as the maps in previous cod games. I mean on WaW there were plenty of memorable maps like Castle, Cliffside, Outskirts, Seelowand and Upheval. Likewise on cod4 for instance Ambush, Crossfire, Downpour, Overgrown, Pipeline, Strike and Crash. What the fuck went wrong, no seriously and I'm not buying DLC for BO either because fuck DLC the original game should at least have one decent level and I shouldn't have to pay extra for decent content.

I used to feel the same way. When I first played the game, the maps showed no interest for me. I was very disappointed. However, over time I realized how much better they were. Now, I hack Black Ops and the game just got better. I mean, if you have low gravity and you are out of the map (maps like Summit, Launch, Jungle and even the DLC maps like Discovery) it's so much fun.
03-23-2013, 09:49 AM #13
To me Black ops 1 is the best Call of Duty out the lot I love all the maps apart from Nuketown never have liked that I even thought the DLC maps were great value for money.

After W@W and Black ops 1 I had really high hopes for Black ops 2 but as it turned out the game including the maps are a big steaming pile of shit its like they fired the original map team etc they even fucked up with the Zombie maps how was that even possible?
03-23-2013, 09:53 PM #14
For myself, it's the only COD where you can have different gameplays. Like Rushing with Shotguns, or Only Knife and Tomahawks. You can be a camper like some guys too. My time played is 97 days as today, i bought all the COD, but it still the best one. I don't play for the graphics, it's just I think I prefer play on a game with horrible graphics but with a clear image and details than playing game like BO2 with all dark maps.
For the maps, for sure, Firing Range is a really good one. Summit is really cool too. Nuketown, all depend of your team, if you have a good team it's a amazing map, if not, it's horrible. WMD is good for ninja defuse. I like Cracked and Launch a lot for rushing with my ballistics *Favorite Weapon =3* For the DLC, Hangar 18, Drive-In can be cool sometimes, Silo is really bad, but for gametype like domination and demolition, it's a good one, Hazard is a great one for snipers and rushers like me. Hotel, mhh I don't like it... Convoy is not that bad, Zoo is a good one and maybe the best to do some Ninja Defuse, Stockpile, Berlin Wall and Discovery are just horrible... Stadium is one of my favorite, but only when I have a good team Happy and for Kowloon, i have nothing to say, I like it and I don't like it at the same time.
05-05-2013, 11:12 AM #15
maps are awsome maybe it is u not playing good...
05-05-2013, 11:28 AM #16
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Madison
So I played this for a while today and all the maps are just shit. I think the only one I actually sort of like is WMD. What do you people think?

Treyarch played around with the core ideas behind the map design.
You're right they are pretty meh all around. Even the good ones are pretty meh if you look close at them. Fun but overall meh same with MW3.
05-05-2013, 12:21 PM #17
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Treyarch played around with the core ideas behind the map design.
You're right they are pretty meh all around. Even the good ones are pretty meh if you look close at them. Fun but overall meh same with MW3.

Don't you think though, that map "likability" is pretty irrelevant? I think most maps on all games are shit to a certain extent, but can still have fun... killing people.

I could probably fault every single map on any cod game from my own perspective, but what I still have no real conclusion on is what actually makes the map "good". Is it the layout? the way it looks?

What precisely defines a good map in all honesty? people always talk about balance, but that's an empty answer.

Meh.... this is probably the best and most accurate way of rating the maps. None of them are overly great for any reason, or really bad.
05-05-2013, 06:06 PM #18
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Soldier. View Post
Don't you think though, that map "likability" is pretty irrelevant? I think most maps on all games are shit to a certain extent, but can still have fun... killing people.

I could probably fault every single map on any cod game from my own perspective, but what I still have no real conclusion on is what actually makes the map "good". Is it the layout? the way it looks?

What precisely defines a good map in all honesty? people always talk about balance, but that's an empty answer.

Meh.... this is probably the best and most accurate way of rating the maps. None of them are overly great for any reason, or really bad.

Map design is an art.
You have to make a map that looks good, flows well, people remember at the same time is balanced for each game mode. Rewards each play style and has a certain number of hotspots. It's for this reason why COD maps keep to the core idea of 3 lanes of traffic so always hotspots at 3 major points.
"Likability" is important it the difference between keeping people from skipping or playing. "Likability" is subjective but if you look close you see what COD settled for the golden rules most people like. Remember that 3 line traffic rule that is one of them.
Another is each line of sight needs a counter.

What makes maps good is a mix of things which all work and come together. You can have a great layout but crap art design ruins the map.

COD4 all the maps I enjoy, same goes for MW2 apart from one . BO1 only 3 maps which I love and could play all day long.
MW3 no maps which I think you what that was fun to play, BO2 is the same fun overall game but the maps are pretty bland. I do give Treyarch something which is a better use of colors in BO2 compared to BO1. But something is missing, I think it the straight lines of sights and lacking of many MLG sight lines compared to past games. BO2 maps also lack a certain flow it jumps from one side to another no head on battles. MW3 was the same, BO1 maps the bad ones played the same as BO2 maps.
Enjoy BO2 with a party but maps are meh.

Not sure what else to say it pretty hard not to be subjective about it.
05-05-2013, 06:25 PM #19
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Map design is an art.
You have to make a map that looks good, flows well, people remember at the same time is balanced for each game mode. Rewards each play style and has a certain number of hotspots. It's for this reason why COD maps keep to the core idea of 3 lanes of traffic so always hotspots at 3 major points.
"Likability" is important it the difference between keeping people from skipping or playing. "Likability" is subjective but if you look close you see what COD settled for the golden rules most people like. Remember that 3 line traffic rule that is one of them.
Another is each line of sight needs a counter.

What makes maps good is a mix of things which all work and come together. You can have a great layout but crap art design ruins the map.

COD4 all the maps I enjoy, same goes for MW2 apart from one . BO1 only 3 maps which I love and could play all day long.
MW3 no maps which I think you what that was fun to play, BO2 is the same fun overall game but the maps are pretty bland. I do give Treyarch something which is a better use of colors in BO2 compared to BO1. But something is missing, I think it the straight lines of sights and lacking of many MLG sight lines compared to past games. BO2 maps also lack a certain flow it jumps from one side to another no head on battles. MW3 was the same, BO1 maps the bad ones played the same as BO2 maps.
Enjoy BO2 with a party but maps are meh.

Not sure what else to say it pretty hard not to be subjective about it.

Yeah in fairness I know nothing about the technical side of map design. And if I was to be brutally honest, I'm trying to take a different stance on these matters as I've almost grown tired of complaining about cod lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo