Post: Read For This Is Important Information On What To Do.[About Scammers]
11-17-2014, 02:19 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Shiver Hi, I just found a scammer on ngu & would like for everyone to know who it is and to be cautious when paying ahead of the service.

First off, I'd like to give you a few tips on what you should prepare for before you give $Money$ to anyone & also going to talk to you about before you give your psn info to anyone.

First let's start off with what you should do before $Paying$ or sending $Money$ to the seller.

1.Take picture of the thread and all of the info in it.Dancing
You'll want to do this just in case the thread/post gets trashed and can no longer prove they were selling the service.

2.Make sure you read the comments in the threads so that you can verify he's legit or not. & better to only do service with elite members.Tiphat
If you're the first one though taking the risk, I'd advise you to contact him through NGU saying something like this:

Hi, I'm interested in your service for [Game]. Can you add me on skype?(Or anything messenger related.

3.Talk to the person through and through.Yes
When the person adds you or you add the person, tell them right away that you'd like for them to add you on psn
and if they don't do not buy from them until they do(It's much more high risk) or if you want to risk a little, take a screenshot showing that they haven't added you.(Then on skype tell them you haven't added me yet...) If they don't just leave it at that but I'd advise you not to risk it because you're about to give this person $$ and your psn info...)

4.Continue with asking the person questions such as how much is the service and how long will it take and when can it be done?:steve:
You want to get every detail you can get for proof if it is a scam so you can get your money back with ease.

5.Finally if they ask to send money as friend and family :stopHappyO NOT! Send it as a service:stop: and put in the note [Game] Service.
If you send it as a friend or family you won't have protection of your money if it is a scam so service only or no deal unless you want to risk it or if they have lots of comments saying they're legit.

6.When they tell you send it to [email][email protected][/email], ask copy that email and paste it verifying that is correct email.
Doing this will show Paypal if it is a scam, that you did send it to the right email and he knows that you are sending it to that email.:yes:

7.Make sure you tell them your email of your Paypal.Claps
After you send the $money$ to them tell them your email(paypal account email) you used to send money and your 1st name so they can't say "I don't know this person bullshit.)

8.Now you wait for them to do your service.:x
Now you just wait but you know you just gave them your info for your psn and what if they change your password and block you out??????

1.Before even sending info to anyone, I'd advise you to send a message to one of your trustworthy friends on psn and tell them you're about to give someone your psn info so they can help you on a game & if you don't reply back to this message, they scammed you.Dancing
Doing this will let Sony look up your messages even if they get deleted in the inbox if they scam you because all messages sent are saved on Sony's network.(I know I asked)

2.Change your password to a temp password before giving your real password.:whistle:
You never want to give someone your main password because that's crazy then they could login and download whatever they'd like to and kick you out while you're playing. Always make a temp password then after the service, change it back to your main password.

3.Setup a "Forgot my password You must login or register to view this content. Dancing Turtle
Doing this will generate a reset my password just in case they try to change it, you can quickly change it even if they change it using a link that will be sent to you through email and it last for awhile before expires.

4.Be on the Sony site as before you send your info. Tiphat
You want to be ahead of the person so, it's best for you to be prepared and already be on the site ready to change your password if you have to.
_____
That's it!:bye:

Scammers that I've come across are listed down below: :argh:

1.NGUID :JibJop10|Joined Aug 2014|As of 11/13/14 Post=42|Membership=Standard|Rep=62|SkypeID=JibJob10
Paypal Account Email:[email protected] (But his account atm is suspended and being checked.)
11-17-2014, 03:17 PM #2
x-ecutionskillz
Do a barrel roll!
Dont buy from non verified non elite people.. problem solved
11-17-2014, 03:44 PM #3
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
I see you spent your time writing this but it is un-needed, there is a thread here you could look at You must login or register to view this content.

But on the whole, after consulting Hammy we believe we do not hold responsibility for Skype disputes so all information to do with the service should be done on site and as for asking Sony to pull up messages on the terms you are being scammed for a 'Modding service' Will not probably end too well in my opinion, although if you had had success well done!

Regarding non-elite sales, they are not permitted, if a user who does not hold an elite membership creates a services thread (paid for) it will be removed, if it is not picked up on straight away, it can be reported.

At the end of the day all users should really locate the services section of on the game they would like a service for and look around for one with some good reviews, we also have Verified stores as well to point out ones which have been 'Verified' as legitimate.

If ANYONE feels that they have been scammed or a service has not been filled out correctly then they should open a dispute You must login or register to view this content. so that a member of staff can run both users through the dispute process and either be issued with a refund from the seller of for him/her to be dealt with.

Thread Closed.

The following 2 users say thank you to Geo for this useful post:

Hammy, Loxy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo