11-16-2012, 12:22 AM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); And it strikes again COD shotguns suck again.
Good news is the treyarch this time has made shotguns quite good by treyarch standards.
But that was not that hard to do.

Some tips from my limited bit of use

Aim down sights = less spread I don't have the hard numbers but I know it alot.
Laser sight!!! improves hip fire by default shotguns hip fire sucks. A standard SMG has better hip fire when moving :/ which makes no sense.
Long barrel = 15% more range. That lower compared to MW3 range which was 25%.

Just don't understand how one hit kill snipers at any range is fine but shotguns one hit kill up to 25m is not fine.
For some odd reason shotguns suck when you move and get a hipfire spread increase.
Damage is pretty bad also near the end of limited range. Bright side silencer does not change the range on the shotguns (May be wrong)

So how your time with shotguns been ?

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Porter_Justice
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM #11
Lt_Larry
Space Ninja
Since when should shotguns be a one hit kill up to 25m? Thank God they're not, it would be MW2 all over again. The COD franchise learnt from stupid shotgun mistakes in MW2, shotguns ruined that game.

The following user thanked Lt_Larry for this useful post:

PounDJo0DoGz0r
11-16-2012, 12:50 PM #12
IvanTheTerrible
Ivan The Terrible
I think MW3 had the best shotguns.... Look at the KSG in MW3 how great it was and now in BO2 it's ruined.
David fix it plz Needa
11-16-2012, 02:25 PM #13
J-Glips
Bounty hunter
Happy I liked the Spas in Mw2!

I haven't used any shotgun in BO2 more than 10 minutes. Getting a good connection comes first.

I did notice how on BO2 campaign they did include guns like the Galil, AK47/74, Spas 12 and such.
11-16-2012, 04:29 PM #14
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by shivpwner View Post
Oh, hm. Have fun?
Having fun running around trying your life with an SMG doesn't last forever.

I like using all weapons in the game and having fun with it. But when certain weapons outclass others within their respected range you have a problem.
Why I play video games to have fun.
Understand you think I suck at this game and no idea what I'm doing but trust me you are wrong.
Even people who are better than me who have tested shotguns see there is a problem with them. In my limited playtime is a problem with shotguns at the heart of it.

Shotguns by default have poor hipfire spread and adding the laser still worse compared to standard shotguns without steady aim in black ops 1. One good thing that treyarch has done is given shotguns a ADS bonus across the board.
Shotguns have a limited range and force you to play the map a different way one mistake you are done. When a SMG without laser has a better hipfire spread you have problems.

Damage needs to be increased along with a range increase. Also changes in terms of hip fire spread the KSG12 is fine due to it slug rounds.

Originally posted by IvanTheTerrible View Post
I think MW3 had the best shotguns.... Look at the KSG in MW3 how great it was and now in BO2 it's ruined.
David fix it plz Needa

MW3 had terrible shotguns. Get out :p !!!

Originally posted by Glips View Post
The KSG is shit. I mean, just plain stupid. I swear sometimes you fire from the hip with that gun and the spread pattern is so bad that the bullets will spread to the left and right of the enemy.

I took the KSG into a custom game just to double check it wasn't my connection or anything. I never touched a shotgun after that. Just ashamed.

It fires a one slug one Winky Winky
Does not have a pellet spread like the other shotguns.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

J-Glips
11-16-2012, 08:53 PM #15
Novelette
The Anthem
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
I like using all weapons in the game and having fun with it. But when certain weapons outclass others within their respected range you have a problem.
Why I play video games to have fun.
Understand you think I suck at this game and no idea what I'm doing but trust me you are wrong.
Even people who are better than me who have tested shotguns see there is a problem with them. In my limited playtime is a problem with shotguns at the heart of it.

Shotguns by default have poor hipfire spread and adding the laser still worse compared to standard shotguns without steady aim in black ops 1. One good thing that treyarch has done is given shotguns a ADS bonus across the board.
Shotguns have a limited range and force you to play the map a different way one mistake you are done. When a SMG without laser has a better hipfire spread you have problems.

Damage needs to be increased along with a range increase. Also changes in terms of hip fire spread the KSG12 is fine due to it slug rounds.

Well the MP7 outclassed just about any gun in MW3, did it stop you from using any other gun? Probably not.
I don't think you suck, it's just that everyone doesn't know how to abuse their way around them. I doubt you do, never met someone without me teaching it to them.
There are testers, and I tested a little myself. And always always always, game stats are a bullshit lie.
Shotguns are underpowered (Not in CQC though) and lack range in this game compared to MW3. Also, MW3 had great shotguns by the way.
My mindset of the game is to have a fun challenge. Honestly, I can run and gun with an SMG and get a 2.00 k/d over the course of a set amount of time. I choose not to, I like to use shotguns. Frustrating, yes. Underpowered at mid-range, yes.

The damage on the R870 is fine. Actually, on all of the shotguns.
The R870 is 50-10 damage (8x), a two pellet kill at close range. The damage is fine for the shotguns, but it's just the range there's a "problem" with. The drop off is really short.
11-16-2012, 09:09 PM #16
thylacinebanana
Do a barrel roll!
Haven't unlocked the final shotty yet, I hear it's the best. I'm still using the first one and doing pretty damn well with it. It's no striker but it reminds me of the Model 1887. Generally a OHK unless my aim gets knocked off (treyarch aim assist is so heavy that if another player runs by the player you shoot the aim will drag and end up completely shanking, you can disable it in options but it doesn't totally disable it.)

I do wish spread was higher for them. I'd prefer shotguns to pretty much blow everything away within 10 feet. Or I guess you could switch to a sniper rifle. Infinite range OHK there. plus the heavy aim assist? COD really knows how to make scrubs feel like they're good.
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM #17
I've used the 870 for a little and at first it was pretty decent was getting one hit kills like it was Christmas then it just became so inconsistent, when I aim in it's just hit-marker after hit-marker but when I hip fire it's not even a hit. :fa:
11-17-2012, 02:43 AM #18
J-Glips
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

It fires a one slug one Winky Winky
Does not have a pellet spread like the other shotguns.

Maybe I was just missing but a couple times, I would have to shoot 2 or 3 times to even get a hitmarker, but like I said I haven't had more than 10 minutes of shotgun use bc how bad my connection is.

Sorry that I didn't understand that it had a slug round the first time.
11-17-2012, 03:39 AM #19
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by shivpwner View Post
Well the MP7 outclassed just about any gun in MW3, did it stop you from using any other gun? Probably not.
I don't think you suck, it's just that everyone doesn't know how to abuse their way around them. I doubt you do, never met someone without me teaching it to them.
There are testers, and I tested a little myself. And always always always, game stats are a bullshit lie.
Shotguns are underpowered (Not in CQC though) and lack range in this game compared to MW3. Also, MW3 had great shotguns by the way.
My mindset of the game is to have a fun challenge. Honestly, I can run and gun with an SMG and get a 2.00 k/d over the course of a set amount of time. I choose not to, I like to use shotguns. Frustrating, yes. Underpowered at mid-range, yes.

The damage on the R870 is fine. Actually, on all of the shotguns.
The R870 is 50-10 damage (8x), a two pellet kill at close range. The damage is fine for the shotguns, but it's just the range there's a "problem" with. The drop off is really short.

Maybe we are on the same point of view after all. Can I ask for your view on each of the shotguns along with setup ?

Not sure but I think the range is the same as MW3. Just the shitty spreads hipfire means your range you can kill stuff is lower you are forced to ADS to increase it.
870 within close range is a monster but if you don't ADS it turns to crap. Do like how they have increased the close range damage still would like a damage increase at range but that me. Along with a increase in range but I doubt most players would like good shotguns :(
870 with laser is good but without it can be quite crappy.
Yet to mess around with the KSG12 online but been told it the best shotgun by far along with ADSing can score some pretty good long shots.
Did some bot testing it good.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo