11-16-2012, 12:22 AM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); And it strikes again COD shotguns suck again.
Good news is the treyarch this time has made shotguns quite good by treyarch standards.
But that was not that hard to do.

Some tips from my limited bit of use

Aim down sights = less spread I don't have the hard numbers but I know it alot.
Laser sight!!! improves hip fire by default shotguns hip fire sucks. A standard SMG has better hip fire when moving :/ which makes no sense.
Long barrel = 15% more range. That lower compared to MW3 range which was 25%.

Just don't understand how one hit kill snipers at any range is fine but shotguns one hit kill up to 25m is not fine.
For some odd reason shotguns suck when you move and get a hipfire spread increase.
Damage is pretty bad also near the end of limited range. Bright side silencer does not change the range on the shotguns (May be wrong)

So how your time with shotguns been ?

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Porter_Justice
11-16-2012, 12:56 AM #2
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
I love the 870. I haven't tried the rest.

My KDR sucks because I keep using it, but then again when 95% of your gun fights are long range against anything other than another shotgun, and you play the objective constantly your KDR is going to go to complete shit.

I can prestige my 870 right now, but I'm waiting until I get my gold camo for it, as I'm very close to it.

The following 2 users say thank you to Cryptic for this useful post:

Rath, Swede
11-16-2012, 01:12 AM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Cryptic
I love the 870. I haven't tried the rest.

My KDR sucks because I keep using it, but then again when 95% of your gun fights are long range against anything other than another shotgun, and you play the objective constantly your KDR is going to go to complete shit.

I can prestige my 870 right now, but I'm waiting until I get my gold camo for it, as I'm very close to it.

Same here. I honestly don't give a shit about my K/D. Long as I win because I'm hardcore playing the objective I'm happy. I've only used the 870 two times and it has been good to me. However on the subject of playing the objective... it's amazing how many people kill whore, lose the game and then are like holy shit we lost 250 - 5 in Hardpoint.
11-16-2012, 01:32 AM #4
Novelette
The Anthem
You just need to be good at using shotguns.
With the S12, aim down the sight and drop shot. It's deadly like that close range. Same goes for the M1216.
For the R870 and the KSG, rapid fire glitch with Dexterity and aim down the sight (optional, but can be rapid fired faster with it).

Abuse your way around them.

Also, the crossbow can be rapid fired as well, it defeats the purpose of having tri-bolt when you can shoot the three in one good second.
Last edited by Novelette ; 11-16-2012 at 01:34 AM.
11-16-2012, 02:41 AM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by shivpwner View Post
You just need to be good at using shotguns.
With the S12, aim down the sight and drop shot. It's deadly like that close range. Same goes for the M1216.
For the R870 and the KSG, rapid fire glitch with Dexterity and aim down the sight (optional, but can be rapid fired faster with it).

Abuse your way around them.

Also, the crossbow can be rapid fired as well, it defeats the purpose of having tri-bolt when you can shoot the three in one good second.

I know what I'm doing when it comes to a shotgun. Point is why use a shotgun when a SMG does a better job ? shotguns are so underpowered.
11-16-2012, 04:18 AM #6
Novelette
The Anthem
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
I know what I'm doing when it comes to a shotgun. Point is why use a shotgun when a SMG does a better job ? shotguns are so underpowered.

Oh, hm. Have fun?
Having fun running around trying your life with an SMG doesn't last forever.
11-16-2012, 06:12 AM #7
J-Glips
Bounty hunter
The KSG is shit. I mean, just plain stupid. I swear sometimes you fire from the hip with that gun and the spread pattern is so bad that the bullets will spread to the left and right of the enemy.

I took the KSG into a custom game just to double check it wasn't my connection or anything. I never touched a shotgun after that. Just ashamed.
11-16-2012, 06:25 AM #8
Novelette
The Anthem
Originally posted by Glips View Post
The KSG is shit. I mean, just plain stupid. I swear sometimes you fire from the hip with that gun and the spread pattern is so bad that the bullets will spread to the left and right of the enemy.

I took the KSG into a custom game just to double check it wasn't my connection or anything. I never touched a shotgun after that. Just ashamed.

If you had read the description of the gun, it says it shoots all of it's pellets on one spot..
11-16-2012, 06:28 AM #9
J-Glips
Bounty hunter
I'm saying it does the complete opposite.
11-16-2012, 06:35 AM #10
Novelette
The Anthem
Originally posted by Glips View Post
I'm saying it does the complete opposite.

That's why you aim down the sight. It's consistent if you do that. You won't get more than a 2HK with it.
It has the most accurate hip spread of all of the shotguns.

All of you that complain about the shotguns just don't know how to use them well. I do fine with them.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo