11-25-2012, 04:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

I just don't understand this game was suppose to reward good players, (inb4 "Good players play the objective). I play the objective it's gun fights I lose 99% of the time due to Treyarch remove some of the basic stuff listed above that good players has used in previous games.

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, rewarding those who have a T1 Connection' is what they should advertise.

I may as well mention about the huge failure of a launch Black Ops 2 had, the game has been out for 12 days now and there is still a huge amount of people who cannot connect to the game servers. If you're going to released one of the most anticipated games of the year make sure it actually works for all of your customers! Speaking of customers, PlayStation 3 users got the short end of the stick yet again with 'Hard Freezes' that are still happening after Treyarch released a patch saying it would fix the freezing problems, graphics on the PS3 version of the game is just horrible (again not a surprise when it comes to Call of Duty). A lot of users who pre-ordered the game missed out on the double XP launch weekend because all the Nuketown codes came up as invalid or already used due to crappy servers and finally not only do XBOX get DLC earlier than PS3 users but they also get it cheaper now apparently the season pass on PS3 is £41 (Which is £4 cheaper than the RRP for the entire fucking game!) while on XBOX you can get it for around £32/33.

Complete Bullshit.

My advice if you wish to buy Black Ops 2, buy it for XBOX 360 because for the PlayStation 3 it's clearly still in the beta phase.

The following 29 users say thank you to Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

AgentSexyPig, Dank, Brentdevent, coach-2200, DaRBdaPlaYa-, dznut5, Gian_, glitchplz, Hadenkin, KingDomoKun, KINGMANI, User23434, Modus, New York BOY !, Nifty., Night Wolf, OED19, ONEster, Porter_Justice, Rath, Royalties, saggybag, SBOSS, spudeeelad, StickyRicky, Vanz, welliegs, xMrCrazyHDx, xSoulEdge
11-25-2012, 10:20 PM #20
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
Originally posted by Stone View Post
Call of Duty died after World at War. It was never the same after that. I'm not saying everything sucked, but it just wasn't the same. With all this new stuff they introduced, some has made the game better, but others have made the game worse. Black Ops II is pretty much in that category of going downhill from the old games.

The Call of Duty I knew died when Call of Duty 4 was released, it's got worse since, 1, 2 and 3 were perfect.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Originally posted by gt
What I can't get my head around is the fact that every year people want something different, yet, when they deliver something different people don't like it even though alot of the things in the game are what the community have been asking for.

When people refer to older games like CoD4 and WaW saying it isn't the same anymore is a bit daft if you ask me. How many of you would pay for the new game if it was the same as one of the old ones?

Moral of the story? Don't listen to the twelve year old community.
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM #21
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
Nothing beats Modern Warfare 2, the best game of the franchise in my opinion. 60 days + playtime baby! =D

The following 5 users say thank you to Hakon for this useful post:

atifI0, ONEster, Porter_Justice, spudeeelad, xShowtime32x
11-26-2012, 12:36 AM #22
AyeeLG
Trustworthy lvl 1
Originally posted by Hakon View Post
Nothing beats Modern Warfare 2, the best game of the franchise in my opinion. 60 days + playtime baby! =D

Have too agree with this. If they fixed the hackers for this game, I would play it over any other game.
11-26-2012, 12:57 AM #23
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by edd View Post
I don't really get why people consider sound whoring to be a technique that skilled players can use...

You mean you were skilled at paying $150 for a headset and putting on the ninja perk? ok, so am i equally skilled for using fal with a modded controller in mw2?

Back in the day on older Call of Duty's you didn't need dead silence or ninja to soundwhore. You could run around with commando or steady aim on and still soundwhore people decently. The point is all character related sounds are nerfed and environmental sounds have been increased ten fold.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by Stone View Post
Call of Duty died after World at War. It was never the same after that. I'm not saying everything sucked, but it just wasn't the same. With all this new stuff they introduced, some has made the game better, but others have made the game worse. Black Ops II is pretty much in that category of going downhill from the old games.

Thank you! World at War was the last CoD I remembered actually having fun on besides when I started tubing on MW2 lol.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by gt
What I can't get my head around is the fact that every year people want something different, yet, when they deliver something different people don't like it even though alot of the things in the game are what the community have been asking for.

When people refer to older games like CoD4 and WaW saying it isn't the same anymore is a bit daft if you ask me. How many of you would pay for the new game if it was the same as one of the old ones?

If they remastered World at War with different guns and prestige icons I would pay $60 for as long as the way it played stayed the same.

The following 2 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

glitchplz, Stone
11-26-2012, 01:08 AM #24
Originally posted by Donnie
If they remastered World at War with different guns and prestige icons I would pay $60 for as long as the way it played stayed the same.

This. Exactly this.

I can see some people disagree with my opinions on the old CoDs, and that's fine. All I'm saying is I personally miss the old style 1 gun, 1 secondary, 3 perk, 3 kill streak basic gameplay that 4 and WaW had. I'm not one who asked for all the changes, so I shouldn't be included in that group.

World at War was and is still my favorite CoD and if they did remaster it and fix the glitches/hacks, you can bet I would preorder it for $60 on the first day.

The following user thanked Stone for this useful post:

glitchplz
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM #25
fergride
Do a barrel roll!
People keep talking about how bad mw3 was, but honestly I never had any problems with that game. Black ops 2 is broke or poorly designed. I lose 90% of gun battles now because of lag, I die as soon as I see the other guy. I consider myself a pretty decent player but now I get destroyed most games. Not because the games "different" but because I'm constantly getting screwed by forces I can't control. My Internet is very fast, my router is one of the best you can buy. I only continue to play with the hope that they fix it. So far it's the worst COD I've ever seen.
11-26-2012, 02:38 AM #26
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
I agree for the most part. My thought is COD has slowly tried to make their games more casual and/or listen to people who cry the most because they can't adjust.

As a Ground War player perspective alone, that "play they objective" jargon is bullshit. Good players do what it takes to win. You fight for objectives when you have to. Solo players and a few Youtubers love complaining about people not playing the objective but in reality the best way to secure wins is at least 3 other players in a party with you. Playing solo can only really yield you high spm and big kill games in most modes. Playing in parties insures you'll win a lot more. If you care about wins or objective players enough then you won't play solo. We all know this game matches you with noobs. So get massive kill games and lose solo or play in a party, get a few less kills and win in a party.

I blame the community. Online gaming isn't for everyone. Gaming with friends was about talking trash, betting and having fun. Now it's just different. A guy will go 3-18 and instead of tucking his tail, he'll talk about how your gun is "overpowered," they camped, have "no life" or are a racial slur. These are the type of players COD tries to appease. It's basically ignoring the fact he went 3-18 and blaming you for his inability
Almost like saying a hot chick dissed yiu because she is a gold digger yet forgetting you weigh 400 lbs and smell like feet.

Black Ops 2 suffers most from connection issues now and I think the maps sort of suck. I enjoyed Black Ops 1 and even Modern Welfare 3 aka Support noobs' dream game.

I look at everything Activision says as double talk. Skill based match making in theory is great but I think it's to prevent noobs from getting demolished by good players.

Score Streaks are cool and a fun idea....However, also a way to help players get streaks even with minimal kills.

Modern Warfare 2 minus Noobtubes would be greatest COD game ever. Black Ops 2 is still in early stages and the Score Streaks are like every COD killstreak in history on steroids and I LOVE THAT at least.
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 11-26-2012 at 02:46 AM.

The following user thanked Porter_Justice for this useful post:

glitchplz
11-26-2012, 03:16 AM #27
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Oh and here's my "T1 Connection" that I use to play. I get 4 bars every game and rarely disconnect. Haven't had a single server issue since Day 1. I even get host sometimes. (And yes, I'm on the Ps3)

You must login or register to view this content.

You like getting lag compensated?
11-26-2012, 08:03 AM #28
new_egg_edd
Bounty hunter
Another technique that i like to use as a really skilled player is called vision-whoring, ie looking out for players to shoot on the screen in front of me.

Like sound-whoring, it takes no skill on my part to execute except effortlessly using one of my 5 senses.

Basically, what I am saying is sound-whoring and skill should never be put in the same sentence, I remember feeling massively advantaged in search as any player without the ninja perk was a 100% free kill for no reason other than i bought myself a headset.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo