04-26-2013, 02:17 PM #1
Soldier.
The Legend
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); At first glance, it seems like a good idea. Getting xp and unlocking attatchments against bots and real players is an easier option than playing online and messing up your precious ratios. I have played it a fair few times, but have started noticing some really annoying things.

People that play Combat training

Now at first, it would mostly be "noob" players in the lobby. This has caused an increase in so called "skilled" players in sarch of easy games, but don't get me wrong, this isn't what's annoying me. It's the fact that when these players come against a stiff opposition, they leave.

WTF? It's combat training for god's sake, why leave? why not stay and battle it out? what really have you got to lose? Public matches are bad enough but this is taking the mick. The word training needs to be put into emphasis here.

I don't want to start a camping debate, but is it really neccasary to camp/hide in places on this mode? I guess that it's the only way to get kill streaks? No... why not use it as an opportunity to practice your gun skills? Bots are often easy to kill and more times than not, so are the opposing players.. if your're as good as you think.

But then, why would I assume it would be any different than playing regular matches. I just thought people might have the balls to stay and get beat seeing as it doesn't count towards the combat record. Foolish me.

Bots

This is what grinds my gears. Ok, I don't expect it to be easy but I also don't expect to be located before I've been seen. Run around and get killed by a few bots and watch the kill cams and you'll understand.

Because they are bots, they are programmed (obviously). Programmed to lock onto you within a certain, and pretty varied radius. But what gets to me is how they can lock on to you when you are round a corner. Really? and yet in close range they can fail to aim at you properly. It's unfair if you ask me. It happens too often, but really in all honesty it would probably be hard to make them act and play in a life like manner.

On the flip side, bots can also be too easy. I've played games where they pretty much just stop and try to aim at you, giving you plenty of time to get the kill... but as it's title suggests, it's only training and isn't really design for continuous play although I've noticed more and more people play it a lot.

I have no idea wether the skill of these bots is decided by match making or not, it just seems fake at times. Getting no-scoped, stuck with semtex or crossbows with split-second reactions doesn't bother me, but knowing I'm coming round the corner is just... well.. dumb :dumb:

Like I have said, they are just programmed bots so I don't really know how they could be more real, all I know is that I see stuff happen that I would never see online.

So, my verdict (and to cut a rather long winded story short) is that combat training is crap. You might aswel just play online and get your xp at normal rates and be able to complete chllenges etc and actually have a record of all your kills and killstreaks.

The following 3 users say thank you to Soldier. for this useful post:

Big Smoke, gerardoalverdin, Sting
04-26-2013, 02:25 PM #2
amplif1er
Why are you reading this?
you forgot /rant

Happy
04-26-2013, 02:37 PM #3
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by amplif1er View Post
you forgot /rant

Happy

HA yeah I was actually going to put that lol
04-26-2013, 02:39 PM #4
Natedogg6710
Do a barrel roll!
Combat training is better in BO2 than in BO1 by far!
04-26-2013, 04:00 PM #5
Originally posted by Soldier. View Post
At first glance, it seems like a good idea. Getting xp and unlocking attatchments against bots and real players is an easier option than playing online and messing up your precious ratios. I have played it a fair few times, but have started noticing some really annoying things.

People that play Combat training

Now at first, it would mostly be "noob" players in the lobby. This has caused an increase in so called "skilled" players in sarch of easy games, but don't get me wrong, this isn't what's annoying me. It's the fact that when these players come against a stiff opposition, they leave.

WTF? It's combat training for god's sake, why leave? why not stay and battle it out? what really have you got to lose? Public matches are bad enough but this is taking the mick. The word training needs to be put into emphasis here.

I don't want to start a camping debate, but is it really neccasary to camp/hide in places on this mode? I guess that it's the only way to get kill streaks? No... why not use it as an opportunity to practice your gun skills? Bots are often easy to kill and more times than not, so are the opposing players.. if your're as good as you think.

But then, why would I assume it would be any different than playing regular matches. I just thought people might have the balls to stay and get beat seeing as it doesn't count towards the combat record. Foolish me.

Bots

This is what grinds my gears. Ok, I don't expect it to be easy but I also don't expect to be located before I've been seen. Run around and get killed by a few bots and watch the kill cams and you'll understand.

Because they are bots, they are programmed (obviously). Programmed to lock onto you within a certain, and pretty varied radius. But what gets to me is how they can lock on to you when you are round a corner. Really? and yet in close range they can fail to aim at you properly. It's unfair if you ask me. It happens too often, but really in all honesty it would probably be hard to make them act and play in a life like manner.

On the flip side, bots can also be too easy. I've played games where they pretty much just stop and try to aim at you, giving you plenty of time to get the kill... but as it's title suggests, it's only training and isn't really design for continuous play although I've noticed more and more people play it a lot.

I have no idea wether the skill of these bots is decided by match making or not, it just seems fake at times. Getting no-scoped, stuck with semtex or crossbows with split-second reactions doesn't bother me, but knowing I'm coming round the corner is just... well.. dumb :dumb:

Like I have said, they are just programmed bots so I don't really know how they could be more real, all I know is that I see stuff happen that I would never see online.

So, my verdict (and to cut a rather long winded story short) is that combat training is crap. You might aswel just play online and get your xp at normal rates and be able to complete chllenges etc and actually have a record of all your kills and killstreaks.

you cant get gun camo in combat training i tried
04-26-2013, 04:12 PM #6
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by xXGT5RACERXx View Post
you cant get gun camo in combat training i tried

Yeah I know, you can get attatchments but you can't do challenges. Pointless.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Originally posted by Natedogg6710 View Post
Combat training is better in BO2 than in BO1 by far!

Combat training on BO1 was ok, but still the bots were fake when playing on hard.

Personally I think they should have made a training mode without bots, just people.
04-26-2013, 06:03 PM #7
amplif1er
Yeah I know, you can get attatchments but you can't do challenges. Pointless.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Combat training on BO1 was ok, but still the bots were fake when playing on hard.

Personally I think they should have made a training mode without bots, just people.

I agree would be nice to be able to practice against people and not worry about it affecting stats, me personally i gave up on stats when the game came out its much more difficult to keep legit stats in BO2. in MW3 I had a legit 11.00 + W/L with over 2000 wins and a 1.5ish K/D in BO2 maybe a 2-3 W/L and a 1.15 K/D
04-26-2013, 06:12 PM #8
Soldier.
The Legend
I agree would be nice to be able to practice against people and not worry about it affecting stats, me personally i gave up on stats when the game came out its much more difficult to keep legit stats in BO2. in MW3 I had a legit 11.00 + W/L with over 2000 wins and a 1.5ish K/D in BO2 maybe a 2-3 W/L and a 1.15 K/D

Yeah in general I think people have become too stat orientated, I had WAY much more fun back on COD4 before I really even knew what ratios where about lol
04-26-2013, 06:15 PM #9
amplif1er
Yeah in general I think people have become too stat orientated, I had WAY much more fun back on COD4 before I really even knew what ratios where about lol

PREACH BROTHER PREACH

Stats focus is one of the biggest things that has ruined CoD
04-26-2013, 06:25 PM #10
Soldier.
The Legend
PREACH BROTHER PREACH

Stats focus is one of the biggest things that has ruined CoD

Damn right.

I remember when WaW came out, and people had "RANK" as their clan tag. It no doubt used to go on in COD4, but that opened my eyes in a big way to what this game is to people.

I wish I could say no and not play it, it's just become one of those things you just do.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo