01-09-2011, 11:08 AM #1
Mr. Aimbot
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This was made before FTP was out! (1st tut I believe)
BLUS30377 in the tut below is the US region so if you live somewhere else look at the region on the side of your MW2 case or search and find it.

Requirements
Awesome File Manager.. You must login or register to view this content.
Also a modded PS3 patch which can be found here.. You must login or register to view this content.
[/COLOR]

File Manager Tutorial
1. Start up your PlayStation 3
2. Download the Awesome File Manager and put it on the ROOT of a USB DRIVE! (Root= No Folders)
3. Go to install package files and you will see the FTP there then click and install.
4. Go onto your pc then copy your modded patch that you downloaded onto your usb.
5. Plug your USB back into your ps3
6. Open file manager and navigate to your USB and find the patch_mp.ff and copy it.
7. Now navigate to 'hdd0/game/BLUS30377/USRDIR/' and paste the modded patch_mp.ff which will overwrite it.
8. Start up MW2 and go into a private match and your done!

Black B0x Tutorial

Thanks to TheEnd for the tut that i re-wrote!

Requirements
Signed FTP Server.. You must login or register to view this content.
Filezilla Client - You must login or register to view this content.
Modded patch which can be found here.. You must login or register to view this content.

1. Start up your PS3 (herp derp)
2. Download FTP on your usb and install on PS3 via Install Package Data
------DO THIS BEFORE THE NEXT STEP--------
Start FTP Server on your PS3 and leave it running
Once the PS3 FTP is started, go back to your PC and open FileZilla
On FileZilla, click "File -> Site Manager -> New Site"
Look at the IP Address on your PS3; this will be the "Host" for FileZilla
On FileZilla, the port you will use is 21
The username you will use is FTPD12345
The password you will use is blank (no password)
Go to edit then Settings then Transfers
Set the Maxixum Simaultaneous Downloads to 1
Click connect and you should be connected directly to your PS3's HDD.
Navigate to "hdd0/game/BLUS30377/USRDIR/" and look for patch_mp.ff
Simply drag and drop the modded patch from your PC to the patch_mp.ff on Filezilla and OVERWRITE it
---------------------------------------------------
3. Quit the FTP Server and Turn off your PS3 (using PS button, Turn Off System) then your PS3 back on and start up MW2
4. Go into private match and BOOM your set!
Last edited by Mr. Aimbot ; 01-15-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: 2 Tutorials and More Detailed!

The following 46 users say thank you to Mr. Aimbot for this useful post:

1035AMC, Adam™, Anthony., BDOG54, BooshMayne, Cain, MikeOxBig, Cpt.ATo, DnVrDt, Dopey21, eZi_DuzZiiT, Fire., Geigers, GNDOOOR_KILLER, ii-ownaged-iixx, italianboss, Jaw1312, Killahk, KyleGee_, Lil 2 Tone, LordxReaper, Lucy Pinder, margison, Mocro Lmfao, N3G6, NextGenStalker, ngu_karl, odan360, Omshivam, Pixie Lott, player82, Pro Era, pwnage4life62, qwerew, RaverBoy, Slashey, Stradtje, thedufeys, theguywhoownsx, TheUberFail, Three-Eleven, xCallboii, xEnhancer, ziesis
01-10-2011, 02:10 AM #56
Mr. Aimbot
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
So I mean, you would be able to go into the game without any hacks?

Dont get host :whistle: or delete modded patch and install normal. You could always mod it again to get hacks back..
Obvious haha Cool Man (aka Tustin)
Last edited by Mr. Aimbot ; 01-10-2011 at 08:19 AM.
01-10-2011, 02:17 AM #57
someone please help me?! this isn't working. Like I go into a game but I don't have anything. I feel like I'm not doing something. but I was in one lobby and I had like a blue tiger spas, and when I was trying to get mine to work I noticed that my blue tiger spas was actually there which I thought meant you had to be in some kind of "modded" lobby. But it's not working for me :/
01-10-2011, 06:13 AM #58
I have hosted challenge lobbies before on my PS3 and I have just discovered the new 3.55 jailbreak from geohot. I technically didn't follow ALL the steps on how to create CL's before because I just did a data transfer from my friend's PS3 because he had two ps3's etc etc.

Now today I have downloaded the 3.55 jailbreak from geohot, downloaded the package files and DerekTrotter's new EliteMossy patch edit. I did all the copying and what not from the package files because I copied every move that the guy did in this video ([ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quHL9bxtgls]YouTube - How to Get GeoHot's 3.55 CFW And Install Patches with out FTP in Less then 5Mins[/ame])

Everything worked out fine, no errors until I loaded up MW2. I went into Private Match and I still had the original patch I did before. It didn't change to the new patch I wanted it to. My question is, do I have to completely do a restore of my ps3 or do I need to delete something? I have just delete the FTP server and Backup manager that was originally there from the data transfer, but that didn't change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I missed out something or you need more detail, don't hesitate to ask.
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM #59
Mr. Aimbot
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Originally posted by game1231 View Post
Oh thats cool so all i need is a usb which i have, gonna try this later, thanks Smile

Let me know if this works for you!
01-11-2011, 08:48 AM #60
game1231
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by TheKn0wn View Post
Let me know if this works for you!

Yes it did work, thanks Smile

By the way im a new "hack" guy so I'm just asking a question..
So what will happen when 3.56FW will be out, what should I do?
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM #61
dakou1
Haxor!
which tutorial is better / easier to do the file manger one or the blackbox one ??? and yh what will happen if the new firmware comes out ?
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM #62
P4NiSh3R
NexT GeN UpdaTe
nice...good job
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM #63
Originally posted by TheKn0wn View Post
Uses awesome File Manager and when FTP is released i will make a tut below this one.
BLUS30377 in the tut below is the US region so if you live somewhere else look at the region on the side of your MW2 case or search and find it.

Requirements
Awesome File Manager.. google it!
Also a modded PS3 patch which can be found here You must login or register to view this content.
[/COLOR]

File Manager Tutorial
1. Start up your PlayStation 3
2. Download the Awesome File Manager and put it on the ROOT of a USB DRIVE! (Root= No Folders)
3. Go to install package files and you will see the FTP there then click and install.
4. Go onto your pc then copy your modded patch that you downloaded onto your usb.
5. Plug your USB back into your ps3
6. Open file manager and navigate to your USB and find the patch_mp.ff and copy it.
7. Now navigate to 'hdd0/game/BLUS30377/USRDIR/' and paste the modded patch_mp.ff which will overwrite it.
8. Start up MW2 and go into a private match and your done!

Black B0x Tutorial

This for when FTP is released. Thanks to TheEnd for the tut that i re-wrote!

Requirements
Signed FTP Server (google it also)
Filezilla.. You must login or register to view this content.
Modded patch (can be found in modded patches :ySmile

1. Start up your PS3 (herp derp)
2. Download FTP on your usb and install on PS3 via Install Package Data
------DO THIS BEFORE THE NEXT STEP--------
Start FTP Server on your PS3 and leave it running
Once the PS3 FTP is started, go back to your PC and open FileZilla
On FileZilla, click "File -> Site Manager -> New Site"
Look at the IP Address on your PS3; this will be the "Host" for FileZilla
On FileZilla, the port you will use is 21
The username you will use is FTPD12345
The password you will use is blank (no password)
Go to edit then Settings then Transfers
Set the Maxixum Simaultaneous Downloads to 1
Click connect and you should be connected directly to your PS3's HDD.
Navigate to "hdd0/game/BLUS30377/USRDIR/" and look for patch_mp.ff
Simply drag and drop the modded patch from your PC to the patch_mp.ff on Filezilla and OVERWRITE it
---------------------------------------------------
3. Quit the FTP Server and Turn off your PS3 (using PS button, Turn Off System) then your PS3 back on and start up MW2
4. Go into private match and BOOM your set!

What do you meen overwrite ?
i dont understand or how to ?
01-12-2011, 01:37 PM #64
Kherod
Be Dope, Act Dope, Stay Dope.
So can i change patches whenever i want with this? I put my patch with the FTP but i need to know if itll work to change patches. Thank you Cool Man (aka Tustin)

The following user thanked Kherod for this useful post:

Mr. Aimbot

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo