05-10-2009, 09:29 AM #1
IsaacM
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This information is straight from Official Playstation Magazine. It talks about the MW2 trailer. Please watch the trailer first to understand.

1. Collalteral damage
The opening scene is set in an airport full of people. Civilians have always been conspicuosly absent from the COD franchise. Mainly because of the original Second World War setting, and also to keep the age rating down. Infinity Ward, however, has always been keen to make a more adult game, so could Modern Warfare 2 see shoot-outs in pulic places? Several of the locations hinted at on the trailer are far from military - more like small towns and cities.

2. The Russians are back
It looks like they are the bad guys again. In the build up to the airport on man can be heard saying, " God is with us, " in a foreign language before being told in English, " Remember, no Russian. " At the end of the trailer more Russian can be heard which translates as, " A revolution is impossible without a revolutionary situation. " It is part of a Lenin quote. Could the Ultranationalists from the previous game be on the warpath again?

3. It's in Brazil, Russia and Europe
Russia is definately a location: the traier's called " Siberia " for starters, and it is backed up by shots of buildings buried in deep snow. One brief frame shows the outline of Christ The Redeemer, a massive statue in Brazil. There are also some Favelas, South American hillside shanty towns to confim it. Less definitive is what looks like somewhere in Central Europe: a tram and some English language shop signs. There's also a suspiciously British looking castle...

4. The Navy SEALs are involved
Frogmen appear several times and are seen swimming possibly as part of an undersea insertion. There are also shots of navy ships, submarines and an oil rig. The implication is that part of the campaign could feature the SEALs assaulting terrorists at sea.

5. There are new Perks
During the opening airport secene a sign can be seen hanging from the ceiling. Closer examination reveals that it's made up of four perk symbols. The first is Stopping Power, which returns from the previous game. The next three, however , are new. There's a foot with wings attached (faster movement?), two crossed weapons, possibly knives or rifles (dual wielding?) and an arrow pointing down at a circle which is a military symbol for an air strike(perhaps giving the ability to survive one in multiplayer?). Crucially there are four slots in total, which is one more than the original Modern Warfare.

6. Zombies aren't necessarily in
Squint very carefully and you'll see a teddy bear flash past amidst the tanks and explosions. Many forum posters haven taken that to mean World at War's Nazi Zombies (or a variation on them) will appear in Modern Warfare 2, because it features a teddy bear in one map. That's not necessarily the case, though - there have been hidden teddy bears dotted around COD levels since the beginning.

7. Vehicles are in
Tanks appear and there's also the outline of some Humvees and helicopters. Whether these will be drivable or just there to ride along in remains to be seen, but they feature too heavily not to play a part.

+rep if you found this useful. And this is not my report it is from Official Playstation Magazine.

IsaacM

The following 26 users say thank you to IsaacM for this useful post:

_Narey_, Abzorbr, AK47-Alt, Antones, cod4 rokzz, CrazyTurk, Fire_xZ, Fletcher, Gary-, Human, LegenD, Luke, Maniac, NGU_swat097, nick-h, maddenking1234, NP Carling26, Darth Saul, RICHIE209, SAMI23, Stetchy, StrictlyStiff, xI Jakk Ix, xJCMx, Xxskater214xX, Zygoat
05-11-2009, 11:13 AM #11
I don't want vechicles. In multiplayer, players are just going to sit in the tank and wait. That's what they did in World at War. It ruins the game.
05-11-2009, 01:47 PM #12
RICHIE209
March 6, 2011.
Awww this made me want to pre-order it, im saving my birthday money up!
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM #13
Human
League Champion
Yes, good work.
05-11-2009, 03:45 PM #14
Z IE e IC o Z
Roasted Bacon
Well I'm not sure if it is all made up but you completely made the perks one up because infinity ward have already conformed that one of them was a lift sign.

I actually seen a lot of this on another forum...
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM #15
IsaacM
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Z
Well I'm not sure if it is all made up but you completely made the perks one up because infinity ward have already conformed that one of them was a lift sign.

I actually seen a lot of this on another forum...

If it is made up, it wasn't me. It is from Official Playstation Magazine.

IsaacM
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM #16
Very good post Smile
05-11-2009, 08:01 PM #17
some good info that i hadn't heard before
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM #18
Rage
NGU Original
this is wrong. 420 said they aren't 4 perks at the top of the teaser. They're just airport symbols.
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM #19
Z IE e IC o Z
Roasted Bacon
Yeah they playstation mag don't have a clue they are always getting everything wrong , but no sweat dude its not your fault its PS Mag, the same thing happened with Cod 5

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo