05-25-2011, 06:07 PM #1
Ben
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I just this story pop up on virginmedia.com and well, it suggests that MW3 might be banned in the UK. It will be a major blow to Activision. The Daily Mail are saying this is going to happen because in the MW3 trailer in England part is thought to be the 7/7 attacks in London in 2007.

Anyway, I leave it up to you to read the article:
Originally posted by another user
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's Reveal Trailer, which shows scenes of terrorism on the London Underground, is reported to have led to calls for the game to be banned, reports the Daily Mail.

The Dail Mail is comparing the London Underground scenes to the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London, with those affected unhappy about the likeness found in Activision's guaranteed smash hit.

Vivienne Pattison of Mediawatch UK has "concerns" because "these games are hyper-real," adding MW3 "is in incredibly poor taste".

This isn't the first time Call of Duty has skirted with controversy. Modern Warfare 2 was heavily criticised by some for its No Russian level, which allowed players to shoot civilians at an airport while taking on the role of a terrorist.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be released worldwide on November 8

You must login or register to view this content.
05-25-2011, 06:39 PM #11
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
LOL no I ****ing hate people who cry over a game cause your town or what ever is in it, I mean come on see some ****ing scene
05-25-2011, 07:01 PM #12
If it is banned, people will get it through online.
05-25-2011, 07:48 PM #13
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
That sucks big time for the Uk if that actually does happen. :(

Well... You must login or register to view this content.

:carling:

The following user thanked Reaper for this useful post:

Goldberg

The following user groaned Reaper for this awful post:

game1231
05-25-2011, 08:03 PM #14
Goldberg
Usertitle
Originally posted by Reaper View Post
That sucks big time for the Uk if that actually does happen. :(

Well... You must login or register to view this content.

:carling:

they killed Osama :shh:
05-25-2011, 08:19 PM #15
Tustin
Balls of Steel
YES BETTER CONNECTION FOR US! no im just joking, all in all it would suck major balls because i have some bros in the UK that i play with and it would be most unfortunate to not be able to play with them.
05-25-2011, 08:21 PM #16
lilnatsfan44
At least I can fight
never heard of these 7/7 attacks.

but anyways.. its a game! and its in the near future! so how..?
05-25-2011, 08:22 PM #17
Wondoh
Former Staff
They wont ban it they just over reacting as always Happy
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM #18
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
There is no way that MW3 will be banned in the UK. That's a huge blow to Activision if that is the case. They would change the entire game if that really was the case.

Say for example that it did actually get banned in the UK. People would have it delivered by mail instead of buying it in stores. So it really wouldn't be a big deal for the hardcore gamers.

The following user thanked IL--U--IK--IE for this useful post:

xMan_Ginax
05-25-2011, 08:39 PM #19
SAMCRO
Hurah!
Originally posted by ClutchLikeBenny View Post
I just this story pop up on virginmedia.com and well, it suggests that MW3 might be banned in the UK. It will be a major blow to Activision. The Daily Mail are saying this is going to happen because in the MW3 trailer in England part is thought to be the 7/7 attacks in London in 2007.

Anyway, I leave it up to you to read the article:

You must login or register to view this content.

i just got sent another source.... the daily mail (for those not from the UK the daily mail usually talks bollocks anyway)

but non the less here it is You must login or register to view this content.

The following user groaned SAMCRO for this awful post:

game1231

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo