05-31-2011, 01:50 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Call of Duty Subscription Incoming This Fall
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Inferno_Ace // May 30, 2011

You must login or register to view this content.

Yes, you heard right, today Activision revealed to the Wall Street Journal that Modern Warfare 3 will have a paid subscription this fall. Right now you may be wondering whats in this subscription? Well, there will be map packs, tools to analyze personal performance and more. Currently, there is no price revealed, but it's won't cost anymore than Netflix ($7.99 monthly) [/COLOR]
Last edited by Inferno_Ace ; 05-31-2011 at 11:51 AM.
05-31-2011, 03:27 PM #29
only way I pay if this game is lag free, dedicated servers and tons of extra stuff everymonth or 2. theres no need to charge a montly fee to play a game. Activision is being greedy
05-31-2011, 09:05 PM #30
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Hope.........
This means a cheaper game and if it just a website not worth it
Only pay a fee if i get ded servers and have complete control over the game. Stats website should be free.

I agree, stats on a website should be free. Everything is run through a system. People should not have to pay for that.

Also, dedicated servers should be automatic in newer games today. Hell, Activision has so much money, they are just being greedy and not putting out dedicated servers. It's really not that hard. Think how much more of an audience they would bring in.

A paid subscription really can't be very good anyways unless it included maps. Everyone will still have the same weapons with the same performance. I could really care less if I don't have a super cool camo like everyone else for $1.99 extra a month.

What about after a year of release? Do they stop the subscription and everyone gets all the maps or what? Just doesn't make sense to me. /facepalm
05-31-2011, 09:07 PM #31
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
Originally posted by 42779
They will get my money from the game, then money from map pack, and then live. thats all from me e-whoring

Ikr, Xbox users should get this free, So should psn+ users actually....

Maybe sony and ms can strike a deal?

The following user groaned ZoneHD for this awful post:

Fuhrer
05-31-2011, 09:46 PM #32
Agentcell
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by travisf22 View Post
im not paying anywere close to 7.99 to play cod thats ridiculous

I read the actual article. And the answer is "NO" it's not a fee to play MW3 online. This subscription stuff is just like Bungie.net which is some rank, leaderboards, clan gathering crap of something. Basically if you're a nerd or a K/D statwhore, then you're probably interested in this. This subscription stuff is absolutely retarded and useless. Instead of focusing on giving MW3 a dedicated server with actual "NEW" gameplay features for console owners, activision is proving itself again to not give a f!@# about its customers and is creating a new cash milking machine. There was even an article stating that there goal for MW3 is to create the SP campaign even shorter than 8 hours and make it a fast 1-3 hour hollywood movie and just focus on the MP. If there goal is to just focus on the MP side, then it's definitely not worth $65. At highest it should be $35.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Team
i prolly wont even buy the game ill just wait till i can pirate it on 3.55. :carling:

That's exactly what I did. I never bought and never will buy a COD game. BF3 and Socom 4 are the only shooter worth getting this year.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

where did you get infamous 2 backup?
05-31-2011, 10:40 PM #33
Lt_Larry
Space Ninja
If they send me a free copy of the game and I get to record and upload my clips in HD, then I'll think about it.

But paying £40-50 for the game and then having to give them more money? They can **** right off.

The following user thanked Lt_Larry for this useful post:

Fuhrer
05-31-2011, 10:58 PM #34
if the CoD Subscriber's get anything that makes it unfair for non-subscribers, I'm going to try and get people to not buy this game, just because they don't deserve the money.
and the fact that they're going to start a sub service pisses me off a great deal.
06-01-2011, 01:04 AM #35
ANTI-ONYX
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Ace View Post
Call of Duty Subscription Incoming This Fall
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Inferno_Ace // May 30, 2011

You must login or register to view this content.

Yes, you heard right, today Activision revealed to the Wall Street Journal that Modern Warfare 3 will have a paid subscription this fall. Right now you may be wondering whats in this subscription? Well, there will be map packs, tools to analyze personal performance and more. Currently, there is no price revealed, but it's won't cost anymore than Netflix ($7.99 monthly) [/COLOR]

WHY WOULD THIS BE ON THE WALL STREET JOURNAL of all places? WTF????
06-01-2011, 02:21 AM #36
BestDayandAge
Are you high?
lol, this doesnt mean you have to pay to play online its just like a *premium club*
06-01-2011, 02:44 AM #37
Lotus321
Are you high?
well it sucks for xbox users because there already paying for there online !

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo