06-05-2011, 06:50 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Another great aspect of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that's getting upgrades in MW3 is Spec Ops, the single-player or cooperative combat aspect of the game.

In Modern Warfare 3, Spec Ops gains its own progressive ranking system, online matchmaking system and leaderboards. There's also a new survival mode that plays out on the multiplayer maps; Modern Warfare 2's Spec Ops missions took place on single-player maps (as will the new game's traditional Spec Ops mode).

"All that stuff really fleshes out Spec Ops and adds in a lot that we know our fans are going to love, some of the most addictive aspects of multiplayer," says Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling.

I teamed with Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin for a couple of tries at Spec Ops' new Survival mode on a map currently called Dome, a derelict Cold War-era desert radar command bunker.

As we dispatched ever-increasing waves of enemies, I discarded my pistol for a shotgun. Rubin passed me some in-game currency and I bought and installed a turret to keep the evildoers at bay, while I watched for attack dogs.

After a few waves, the attack dogs became suicide bomber dogs that exploded a few seconds after you shot them. The next wave brought the kamikaze soldiers who exploded similarly.

"You definitely have to change up your strategy as the enemy changes up," Bowling said afterward. "Obviously how you fight the kamikaze dudes is different from how you fight the normal dudes and how you fight a dog is different from a dude and how you fight juggernauts, they are not only big and armored, so they will just brute force come at you. But they each have their own way of being taken out effectively."

Yes, there are juggernauts returning from the previous games; there will be several different types of them, too. But back in the game, I took heed from Rubin on how to counterattack choppers raining fire from overhead. The game has an unlimited number of waves. "We got up to wave 8 which is really a good wave for a first-time player," Rubin pronounces afterward.

"You were certainly very animated," said Michael Condrey of MW3 co-development studio Sledgehammer Games. "That's a good sign that you were having fun."

In truth, Spec Ops was already a favorite mode of mine that I used in advance of the few times I ventured into the online MW2 multiplayer matches. The developers hope that even more players use the mode to perhaps graduate to multiplayer.

"We have all been challenged. There's such hard-core players out there in the online community and you hear all the stories about (youngsters) swearing and ruining the experience," Condrey says. "With Spec Ops, you can really get in there and hone your skills in a more confined environment. I think it's a little more of an easy entry. I don't have as much time as I did when I was 20 to be honing my twitch skills, but this certainly gives me a venue to experiment."

Adds Rubin, "We added Spec Ops as the third game mode. That is really stepped up this time. It is really a stronger leg of the tripod."

please thank this if It helped
Last edited by mike1997 ; 06-05-2011 at 09:35 PM.
06-05-2011, 07:15 PM #2
Goone
Looking for Suzzy
Terrible name for the game type. Survival mode feels too much like it should include some zombies. It will disappoint so many people when they hop onto MW3 and read the description for it and see it has nothing to do with zombies.

The following user thanked Goone for this useful post:

Fuhrer
06-05-2011, 07:44 PM #3
THANKS for the Info Smile
06-05-2011, 08:58 PM #4
I think its some very intresting info plus the fact the will be a new game mode gets my hopes up even more

LOL PRE ORDERED MW3* ClapsClapsClapsClaps
06-05-2011, 09:16 PM #5
Ayanami
Error… Cat invasion!
I cant wait for Mw3 :love:
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM #6
iGir :D
Bounty hunter
Source?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

The following user thanked iGir :D for this useful post:

Fuhrer
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM #7
Yeah where the hell is the Source, Don't be a tit face.
06-05-2011, 11:21 PM #8
Tree
Clearly Outplayed
Nice, should change name imo.
06-06-2011, 02:55 AM #9
atifI0
Are you high?
A new game mode and return of Spec ops is nothing compared to Zombies, theatre mode and combat training but i guess mw3 multiplayer shud make up for it :/
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM #10
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by atifI0 View Post
A new game mode and return of Spec ops is nothing compared to Zombies, theatre mode and combat training but i guess mw3 multiplayer shud make up for it :/

Mw3 will have theatre mode on call of duty wlite, whether its available on the free version is unclear and combat training is useless except for prestige glitch Awesome face

In my opinion survival mode sounds pretty fun as you fight a variety of enemies so it will be a challenge, Mw3 will never have had zombies but adding spec ops and survival mode means that they will bring something to the table.
The spec ops was dissappointing in Mw2 but reading up on this one its gonna be sweet :y;

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo