11-22-2011, 03:05 AM #1
teeb
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My bad if I posted in the wrong section of the forum.

I've recently bought the latest Call of Duty installment from a Parisian guy who bought it in London at HMV (I've got the receipt) and as you can see on the attached picture, the game wasn't factory-sealed like usual games (plastic wrap with a tiny string with PS3 logos that you pull off) but inside the box were the bluray disc with the instruction manual and both were wrapped together in a plastic.
It looked so cheap! At first I thought it was a copy but the receipt and the disc seem legit.
Have you guys ever seen that kind of wrapping in the UK?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13512[/ATTACH]
11-22-2011, 07:18 AM #2
Alt
Banned
Almost as cheap as Piratebay :carling:
11-22-2011, 07:26 AM #3
h4keem
Keeper
This is a joke right ? The UK's packaging has never been like that ! Its the same as it is everywhere else in the world i.e. normal.

The following user groaned h4keem for this awful post:

Infamous.
11-22-2011, 08:04 AM #4
Infamous.
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by teeb View Post
My bad if I posted in the wrong section of the forum.

I've recently bought the latest Call of Duty installment from a Parisian guy who bought it in London at HMV (I've got the receipt) and as you can see on the attached picture, the game wasn't factory-sealed like usual games (plastic wrap with a tiny string with PS3 logos that you pull off) but inside the box were the bluray disc with the instruction manual and both were wrapped together in a plastic.
It looked so cheap! At first I thought it was a copy but the receipt and the disc seem legit.
Have you guys ever seen that kind of wrapping in the UK?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13512[/ATTACH]

I only see this packaging when I've bought pre owned games from HMV, the reason its like that is that the box you got is a display cover, but obviously they can't leave the disk in cause it would get stolen so they wrap it in plastic with the manual and keep it behind the counter and when you buy it they just put it in the case.
Last edited by Infamous. ; 11-22-2011 at 08:08 AM.

The following user thanked Infamous. for this useful post:

Dopey
11-22-2011, 10:04 PM #5
teeb
Haxor!
Originally posted by iPRO
I only see this packaging when I've bought pre owned games from HMV, the reason its like that is that the box you got is a display cover, but obviously they can't leave the disk in cause it would get stolen so they wrap it in plastic with the manual and keep it behind the counter and when you buy it they just put it in the case.

Okay, thanks for clearing that out!
11-23-2011, 01:54 AM #6
Yeh they usually sell it like that for pre-owned games or if you get a new game and just take the display box to the counter then they put that in it.

PS. If you ever buy a game from HMV and complete it in like 3 days or something keep the packaging in mint condition. put it all back as it was and take it back with receipt for full refund Winky Winky serves them right for not securely sealing the games!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo