Post: how to start a clan and why so many of them fail........
06-27-2009, 10:26 PM #1
ashbash
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello guys im the leader of ~|FataL^Error|~ a call of duty clan we've been around since cod4 but mainly took off after cod waw's release. our favourite mode is capture the flag as we get good points, we can do weapon challenges, we can killstreak and we get lots of kills this is why imo most pure s&d clans fail.

What you need in order to have a good base to your clan:

* at least 3 other members who are completely dedicated, u cannot do it on ur own u need at least a couple of good players who u trust and who will put in effort.

*u need to be active, in the early stages the leader will need to be online alot.

* u need a website to communicate it doesnt have to be amazing just functional, try googling forumotion to sign up for a free forum for your clan check my clans forum for an idea of what they are like You must login or register to view this content.

* u need to decide on a clan tag, it shud show the initials of your clan and look gd as well mine is ~FE~

*u shud sign up to gamebattles as soon as possible its a great plus wen recruiting if you say your a gamebattles clan and is gd 4 improving general tactics.

* u need to decide who your key members are, who are your co-leaders?

*u need to recruit, playing well gets u lots of random friend requests try adding these ppl and asking them to join, it worked great for me in the early stages, also try posting recruitment threads on various cod waw websites.

*Decide asap if you are going for a community clan or a closer clan of friends, my clan floated between and it caused alot of hassle tht cud have been avoided, we had 48 ppl and were turning to a community clan fast we decided against this and removed 30 ppl str8 away; whats the difference between community clans or closer clans?
well community clans will have very active websites and will have alot of members, there will always be members online and u will always hav ppl to play with BUT most likely ppl of all abilities will be able to join so ur looking at more losses and less ownage, competition for gamebattles teams will be quite strong too and u wont know every1 particularly well.
so whats the difference between closer clans? well closer clans shud have no more than 20 members but usually these members are good and u win 95% of games or in our case we do, u will also make some good friends, have a laugh and probably do very well in gamebattles, things like clan competitions are also easy to organise.

*be a peace keeper not every1 has what it takes to lead a clan it takes alot of time and effort and sometimes you need to step away from arguments and smooth over arguments between other members

*decide if you are having a k/d cap, my clan has an absolute minimum k/d of 1.25 but we allow members personal friends to join so long as they are at least 1.01 or above

thanks for reading and i hope youfound this useful, if you did then please thank & +rep thank you Smile

The following 4 users say thank you to ashbash for this useful post:

CloudTemp, Dingus98, hacxx, PWN ALL NUBZ
06-27-2009, 11:26 PM #2
Dingus98
[move]fuk up m8[/move]
thanks Smile:Sad Awesome)
06-28-2009, 12:58 AM #3
thanks that was very helpful, Smile
06-28-2009, 03:03 AM #4
Quite insightful, could be very useful indeed. My previously clan was strong for those reasons but was disbanded because of others. Thanks.
01-12-2024, 06:31 PM #5
hacxx
Banned
Nice article, thanks.
01-14-2024, 11:23 AM #6
hacxx
Banned
Thanks for the tips.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo