Post: [C++][Source]Secure Passcode Generator & Vault - Labeled Source!
08-19-2014, 08:11 PM #1
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Passcode Generator & Vault
by Absolute Zero

About
Hey NGU, today i thought I would give you guys the gift of knowledge, and a potentially useful tool depending on the type of person you are. The program is a secure passcode generator. What does it do? Well, it basically generates passcodes that can be used for different websites, and puts them in the vault for later use! I was originally going to make this a bigger release, but I figured I would rather have people look at the source and maybe learn a thing or 2 about conversions and generation, so here you guys go!

Screenshots
You must login or register to view this content.

Tips & Warnings[/B][/U]
-This program has the ability to generate passcodes, store them in the vault, delete single entries, and wipe the entire vault!

-This was programmed in VS2010, so if you open it in a newer version of VS you will get a prompt to convert the C++ libraries of the program.

-Currently the Vault does not save on exit! If you want this to function 100%, that's something you will have to add yourself, but its easy to do!

-The source is labeled with comments for people to better understand what is going on.

Download & Virus Scan[/B][/U]
Download Link: You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan: You must login or register to view this content.
0/52

Well, that's it for this one guys! Just remember, if you want to learn how I did this, download it and check out the source, and if you want to play around with the program itself, that is also included. Anyways, enjoy!

Note that I have had one report so far of the program not launching, if this happens please let me know so I can figure out what is missing/needed! Thanks!

~~Created with Absolute Zero's Thread Builder~~
Last edited by Absolute Zero ; 08-19-2014 at 08:33 PM.

The following 11 users say thank you to Absolute Zero for this useful post:

Eddie Mac, A Friend, BaSs_HaXoR, Cyb3r, DopestLobbiez, Luphox, Norway-_-1999, Dan, RTE
08-21-2014, 10:34 PM #11
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by Taylors
You could save the passwords to a .ini (configuration) file and then read it on startup.

Yeah, there's a couple ways you can do it. But to make it secure you need to either encrypt the passwords and have the listbox decrypt and show. If you were to make any kind of output file for the passwords I would suggest it being encrypted if you are looking for a more secure vault.
08-23-2014, 06:56 AM #12
I-am-L
Haxor!
I made it out put to a txt file and open read it when it opens up.
08-23-2014, 05:35 PM #13
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by L View Post
I made it out put to a txt file and open read it when it opens up.

There you go! Now, if you want to use it for sure to save passwords you should look up encryption options, the best would be AES-256 bit.
08-23-2014, 10:51 PM #14
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Taylors
You could save the passwords to a .ini (configuration) file and then read it on startup.

No, that's the last thing you want to do. .ini files are meant to be loaded for actual configurations, not passwords and other stored values.

A simple TXT would be enough, all he would need to do is iterate through each line; add it back to his listBox and all control and functionality would be back for editing the list. Then, when you save; that list is overwritten.

For encryption, he could use the hash of a password that someone provides to be the key when using AES. When the .txt file is being loaded, you're requested to enter the password. You could at the top of the file have an "answer" key that can be read which reads back true if everything is decrypted correctly, else it would remain jumbled letters therefore a simple "incorrect password" would appear.

Just off the top of my head as an idea.
Last edited by Pichu ; 08-23-2014 at 10:56 PM.
09-03-2014, 02:12 AM #15
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by Absolute
by Absolute Zero

About
Hey NGU, today i thought I would give you guys the gift of knowledge, and a potentially useful tool depending on the type of person you are. The program is a secure passcode generator. What does it do? Well, it basically generates passcodes that can be used for different websites, and puts them in the vault for later use! I was originally going to make this a bigger release, but I figured I would rather have people look at the source and maybe learn a thing or 2 about conversions and generation, so here you guys go!

Screenshots

Tips & Warnings[/B][/U]
-This program has the ability to generate passcodes, store them in the vault, delete single entries, and wipe the entire vault!

-This was programmed in VS2010, so if you open it in a newer version of VS you will get a prompt to convert the C++ libraries of the program.

-Currently the Vault does not save on exit! If you want this to function 100%, that's something you will have to add yourself, but its easy to do!

-The source is labeled with comments for people to better understand what is going on.

0/52

Well, that's it for this one guys! Just remember, if you want to learn how I did this, download it and check out the source, and if you want to play around with the program itself, that is also included. Anyways, enjoy!

Note that I have had one report so far of the program not launching, if this happens please let me know so I can figure out what is missing/needed! Thanks!

cool program but I'm going to assume you made this with VC++.net which is alright, but can still easily be decompiled
if you want your program far away from being reversed engineered I would go with native C. also rand() doesn't work quiet as well. There are other implementations with hashing algorithms which produce nice random numbers for index.

It just makes it that much more random and that much less easier to reverse.

Just my 2 cents.

Great program otherwise! Looks cool and simple UI. gets the job done Smile
11-11-2014, 02:34 AM #16
Originally posted by Absolute
by Absolute Zero

About

Screenshots

Tips & Warnings[/B][/U]

0/52

looks awesome.
11-11-2014, 02:47 AM #17
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by Zombie
looks awesome.

Thanks buddy! Happy
11-14-2014, 12:49 AM #18
Default Avatar
Bch
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
No, that's the last thing you want to do. .ini files are meant to be loaded for actual configurations, not passwords and other stored values.

A simple TXT would be enough, all he would need to do is iterate through each line; add it back to his listBox and all control and functionality would be back for editing the list. Then, when you save; that list is overwritten.

For encryption, he could use the hash of a password that someone provides to be the key when using AES. When the .txt file is being loaded, you're requested to enter the password. You could at the top of the file have an "answer" key that can be read which reads back true if everything is decrypted correctly, else it would remain jumbled letters therefore a simple "incorrect password" would appear.

Just off the top of my head as an idea.

Wouldn't storing the variables internally within the program be more secure? Guessing you can encrypt internal variables

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo