08-31-2014, 06:01 AM #1
MrBliss_
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello!

I'm having troubles with my PS4! I'm using a wireless connection, wired is unavailable! This problem has been going on for 2 weeks now.

At first, it was a DNS error, and then it turned into an IP Address error, but I've fixed both of those, DNS by setting one manually, and IP by giving my PS4 a static IP! But now, it struggles to receive internet connection! I get the error code ( CE-33991-5 ) when running the internet connection test! I can't sign into Playstation, I also can't change my internet settings through connecting directly to my router, i have to key in the information manually (entering the router name and password manually instead of searching and selecting the router). If I select the router from the list, it gives me this error "Cannot connect within the time limit"

I've also tried other "fixes" I've read online.
These include:
- Rebuilding the database
- Signing in and out of Playstation
- Switching off my router and PS4
- Changing my router's channel it broadcasts through

I don't know what to do! I will be emailing Sony as well, as well as their "live chat" but the timings are terrible for me. Do you think it's the Ps4? I certainly hope not.
Therefore, I'm posting my problem here in case any fellow NGUers can help me, or have faced similar problems!

Cheers,

MrBliss_.
08-31-2014, 06:20 AM #2
MrBliss_
I am error
Forgot to mention one thing, all my other devices run smoothly, PS3 works 100% well! can sign in, connect, no problems. PC, iPad, etc. Fully functioning. If that's any importance. I've also emailed Sony to see if they can help.
08-31-2014, 11:36 AM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by MrBliss
Hello!

I'm having troubles with my PS4! I'm using a wireless connection, wired is unavailable! This problem has been going on for 2 weeks now.

At first, it was a DNS error, and then it turned into an IP Address error, but I've fixed both of those, DNS by setting one manually, and IP by giving my PS4 a static IP! But now, it struggles to receive internet connection! I get the error code ( CE-33991-5 ) when running the internet connection test! I can't sign into Playstation, I also can't change my internet settings through connecting directly to my router, i have to key in the information manually (entering the router name and password manually instead of searching and selecting the router). If I select the router from the list, it gives me this error "Cannot connect within the time limit"

I've also tried other "fixes" I've read online.
These include:
- Rebuilding the database
- Signing in and out of Playstation
- Switching off my router and PS4
- Changing my router's channel it broadcasts through

I don't know what to do! I will be emailing Sony as well, as well as their "live chat" but the timings are terrible for me. Do you think it's the Ps4? I certainly hope not.
Therefore, I'm posting my problem here in case any fellow NGUers can help me, or have faced similar problems!

Cheers,

MrBliss_.

Change your DNS settings to those of google 8.8.8.8 BUT Do not use it as primary! As you Internet connection will loose speed and bandwidth.
As your Primary DNS use your ISP provided or default one, mine is something like 190.62..... and as your secondary use the one provided by Google, 8.8.8.8
09-01-2014, 12:30 PM #4
MrBliss_
I am error
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Change your DNS settings to those of google 8.8.8.8 BUT Do not use it as primary! As you Internet connection will loose speed and bandwidth.
As your Primary DNS use your ISP provided or default one, mine is something like 190.62..... and as your secondary use the one provided by Google, 8.8.8.8

Thanks for the reply!

I've already tried that! Still the same! I have tried using both 8.8.8.8 as well as 8.8.8.4 which have both been recommended to be used! I'll give it another shot this weekend anyhow. Any other tips?
09-01-2014, 02:37 PM #5
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by MrBliss
Thanks for the reply!

I've already tried that! Still the same! I have tried using both 8.8.8.8 as well as 8.8.8.4 which have both been recommended to be used! I'll give it another shot this weekend anyhow. Any other tips?

Try resetting your router to factory settings and the PS4?
09-01-2014, 06:06 PM #6
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
Are all your other devices wireless?, if so turn them all off and try your PS4. If its still the same put everything to automatic 0n your PS4 settings and turn it off, then go to your router and do a hard reset, by this i mean getting a nail or pin and holding the little button on the back of your router for at least 20 secs. Now go to lan ip setup and turn on your PS4 then look in the reservation's find your PS4 and add it. Now put the ip you reserved in the DMZ in your router, now reboot the PS4 and router ( not hard reset or default settings just reboot ). If it still the same then im not sure it could be a dodgy wireless card in your PS4.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo