04-23-2011, 10:15 PM #1
lobbyhax
Trustworthy lvl 3
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok so i live in a remote area in england.

The only "broadband" i can obtain in my area is 'mobile braodband'
due to being 8km+ from the nearest exchange. the only other option is dial up.. i get what a maximum of 26kbps .. FML

im on the 3 network which apparently is the best..

when i use speedtest.net

i get the following DL speeds of around 2.6 meg and upload speeds around 500kbps. saying that im above average from this service provider.

Then why on earth do i only and i have only seen this once, get a 312kbps maximum DL speed when i download a file.

2 years ago i could only reach around 150kbps, so it's improved but its still crap!

i use a router and signal says 5/5.

I can download the same files from another location, with official broadband from tiscali and get 959kbps maximum DL speed on the downloaded file.

why is speedtest lying too me :P

any help or info appreciated.
04-24-2011, 03:10 PM #2
lobbyhax
Trustworthy lvl 3
BUMP is there anyway to improve mobile broadband?
04-24-2011, 03:37 PM #3
Originally posted by lobbyhax View Post
BUMP is there anyway to improve mobile broadband?

The speeds on speedtest differ from when you download and such. And it might depend on where you're downloading it from or the location of the servers.
04-25-2011, 05:58 AM #4
Biz
I’m too L33T
ok so i live in a remote area in england.

due to being 8km+ from the nearest exchange. the only other option is dial up.. i get what a maximum of 26kbps .. FML

when i use speedtest.net

i get the following DL speeds of around 2.6 meg and upload speeds around 500kbps. saying that im above average from this service provider.

Then why on earth do i only and i have only seen this once, get a 312kbps maximum DL speed when i download a file.

2 years ago i could only reach around 150kbps, so it's improved but its still crap!

I can download the same files from another location, with official broadband from tiscali and get 959kbps maximum DL speed on the downloaded file.

No, you physically can't unless you'd get a better internet connection i.e buying another ISP.
05-01-2011, 01:53 PM #5
xRafiq-
Pedobear
ok so i live in a remote area in england.

when i use speedtest.net

ok give me your telephone number! i can help you and find a better way dude

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo