Post: Is There A Way To Upgrade RAM For Free Without Buying It?
04-24-2011, 03:13 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello Guys.
I am currently running an old laptop that only has 512MBs RAM and I am running XP Pro. I was wondering if there is a way to double that RAM without purchasing it and without doing it the way with a USB like shown in hundreds of youtube videos.
If you know a way to do this then please let me know and I will either +REP You or donate some vBux as I really need this doing.
Thanks
[YT] TechMotionHD [/YT]

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Does anyone know how to do this if it is possible ? Smile
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM #2
Originally posted by Coder View Post
Hello Guys.
I am currently running an old laptop that only has 512MBs RAM and I am running XP Pro. I was wondering if there is a way to double that RAM without purchasing it and without doing it the way with a USB like shown in hundreds of youtube videos.
If you know a way to do this then please let me know and I will either +REP You or donate some vBux as I really need this doing.
Thanks
[YT] TechMotionHD [/YT]

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Does anyone know how to do this if it is possible ? Smile

There really isn't a way to upgrade your RAM without buying a stick. I'm not sure about that USB way, but I'm sure it's not that reliable in ways. RAM sticks aren't that much anyways.
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM #3
Originally posted by keemo View Post
There really isn't a way to upgrade your RAM without buying a stick. I'm not sure about that USB way, but I'm sure it's not that reliable in ways. RAM sticks aren't that much anyways.

I know they aren't much but you have to buy ram that is compatible with you chip set and motherboard. I searched around and it will cost me 35 Pound just for 1GB ram. Is it true that is has to be compatible with my chip set and motherboard or not?
04-24-2011, 03:44 PM #4
Originally posted by Coder View Post
I know they aren't much but you have to buy ram that is compatible with you chip set and motherboard. I searched around and it will cost me 35 Pound just for 1GB ram. Is it true that is has to be compatible with my chip set and motherboard or not?

Yea, it does I believe because it has to go on your motherboard.
04-24-2011, 03:46 PM #5
Originally posted by keemo View Post
Yea, it does I believe because it has to go on your motherboard.

Ok mate Smile Looks like I'm going to have to pay 35 Pound just for 1GB Ram :/
04-25-2011, 05:57 AM #6
Biz
I’m too L33T
Nope, you must buy it.
04-25-2011, 09:14 AM #7
Extrazior
u mirin'
Question answered,

Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.