05-03-2011, 02:12 PM #1
Hickey
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so i downloaded Ubuntu 11.04. and i tryed the demo of it. i dont no if its the demo but it seemed slow.

do these programs work on there:

total media extreme
sony vegas 10
football manager 2011
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM #2
DeLeTeD
Maggbot timeout!
You ran it off the disc I would assume, so your reading from the disc constantly which is much slower then if you were to install it.

You can use basically any windows program using wine or vm (vm will actually run faster then your normal windows)
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM #3
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by DeLeTeD View Post
You ran it off the disc I would assume, so your reading from the disc constantly which is much slower then if you were to install it.

You can use basically any windows program using wine or vm (vm will actually run faster then your normal windows)

off usb i only found my disk this morning, i only tried the demo so i didnt install it.

whats wine or vm ? and how do i get them
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM #4
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
Wine is a windows emulator for linux. It allows you to run windows programs under windows.

VM = Virutal Machine. You can use Vitural machine or virtual box to install windows inside of linux, just like how people install linux inside of windows.
05-03-2011, 08:11 PM #5
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
Wine is a windows emulator for linux. It allows you to run windows programs under windows.

VM = Virutal Machine. You can use Vitural machine or virtual box to install windows inside of linux, just like how people install linux inside of windows.

do you know if any of these allow total media and vegas 10 ?
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM #6
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
I'm sorry I have never tried.
05-04-2011, 12:17 AM #7
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
I would recommend moving to debian after awhile as it is much more stable, faster, and more powerful.
05-04-2011, 05:31 PM #8
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
I would recommend moving to debian after awhile as it is much more stable, faster, and more powerful.

whats debian ? im new to ubuntu and thinking about using it
05-04-2011, 05:37 PM #9
Originally posted by hickey View Post
whats debian ? im new to ubuntu and thinking about using it

Playonlinux you could probably play football manager.
Vegas doesn't work and total media extreme wouldn't work on it easily.
05-04-2011, 05:43 PM #10
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
Playonlinux you could probably play football manager.
Vegas doesn't work and total media extreme wouldn't work on it easily.

im guessing i download debian from the ubuntu box thingy. any programs i can used for my pvr that work on ubuntu. capture software and then to edit it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo