10-09-2011, 03:31 AM #1
gavros7
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hey guys, im looking for a way to connect my ps3 to my laptop to use my laptops monitor to play off. So far the only method i have come across is by using a hdmi to vga cable. i have heard that there could be problems if the laptop is hdcp encrypted and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had any success in getting the ps3 connected to their laptop or pc.

my laptop is hd capable but only has a hmdi output port so im hoping that the hdmi to vga will work.

advice and comments will be appreciated
10-09-2011, 10:12 PM #2
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Originally posted by petridis26 View Post
hey guys, im looking for a way to connect my ps3 to my laptop to use my laptops monitor to play off. So far the only method i have come across is by using a hdmi to vga cable. i have heard that there could be problems if the laptop is hdcp encrypted and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had any success in getting the ps3 connected to their laptop or pc.

my laptop is hd capable but only has a hmdi output port so im hoping that the hdmi to vga will work.

The HDMI port you have on your laptop is output only, not an input. Therefore it won't work that way.

However you can use either a easycap or dazzle. I can ensure you it WILL lag alot, but it's possible.

Source? I have a easycap, and it lagged alot. But it worked rather ok for recording.

Hope I helped Winky Winky
10-10-2011, 12:31 AM #3
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
hey guys, im looking for a way to connect my ps3 to my laptop to use my laptops monitor to play off. So far the only method i have come across is by using a hdmi to vga cable. i have heard that there could be problems if the laptop is hdcp encrypted and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had any success in getting the ps3 connected to their laptop or pc.

There's plenty of HDMI to VGA adapters for sale, you can buy it online, but if I were you, I'd just go into like a RadioShack or Best Buy and ask them to get me one that works, its faster and easier.
Last edited by Epic? ; 10-10-2011 at 04:27 PM.
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM #4
gavros7
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Chrom3D View Post
The HDMI port you have on your laptop is output only, not an input. Therefore it won't work that way.

However you can use either a easycap or dazzle. I can ensure you it WILL lag alot, but it's possible.

Source? I have a easycap, and it lagged alot. But it worked rather ok for recording.

Hope I helped Winky Winky

yeh i know that the hdmi port is only an output so thats why i was hoping i could find an alternative way to connect the ps3 to use my laptops monitor. If have tried easycap and i wasnt a big fan of the way it worked, i cant get drivers to work on my 64bit laptop anyway for easycap lol....thanks for the advice anyways

Originally posted by Epic
There's plenty of HDMI to VGA adapters for sale, you can buy it online, but if I were you, I'd just go into like a RadioShack or Beset Buy and ask them to get me one that works, its faster and easier.

yeh i have found a couple of cheap cables that i could buy. do you have any idea if the method (hdmi to vga) will work though? i know the cables are cheap, but i dont want to spend my money for nothing lol
10-10-2011, 04:30 PM #5
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
yeh i know that the hdmi port is only an output so thats why i was hoping i could find an alternative way to connect the ps3 to use my laptops monitor. If have tried easycap and i wasnt a big fan of the way it worked, i cant get drivers to work on my 64bit laptop anyway for easycap lol....thanks for the advice anyways

yeh i have found a couple of cheap cables that i could buy. do you have any idea if the method (hdmi to vga) will work though? i know the cables are cheap, but i dont want to spend my money for nothing lol

Well assuming the ones you purchase aren't broken, you should be able to take the HDMI output from the xbox, and use the converter to connect it to VGA input ports on your laptop. But again, what I would do first, if you really want to be careful, just go into a local electronics retailer (like Best Buy or RadioShack) and bring your laptop, ask them for a way to connect your xbox HDMI output to your laptop screen, and see what they say. They can either find you the cables or come up with a better solution.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo