10-11-2011, 12:03 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well i have just gotten old enough to work at my local super market and with Christmas around the corner I thought that this would be the best time to build a new pc. I know in the picture of the cart I missing a lot of things such as a graphics card this is because I already have an ok pc i just need a upgrade. These are the parts I am thinking of buying

Case- You must login or register to view this content.

Motherboard- You must login or register to view this content.

Power supply- You must login or register to view this content.

RAM- You must login or register to view this content.

Processor- You must login or register to view this content.

SSD- You must login or register to view this content.

Note: I know I need more then 40gb of space that is just for the OS I have two 1 TB HDDs
Last edited by kmanthecaveman ; 10-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.
10-11-2011, 12:06 AM #2
Cory
User needs a dick
Originally posted by kmanthecaveman View Post
Well i have just gotten old enough to work at my local super market and with Christmas around the corner I thought that this would be the best time to build a new pc. I know in the picture of the cart I missing a lot of things such as a graphics card this is because I already have an ok pc i just need a upgrade. These are the parts I am thinking of buying You must login or register to view this content. let me know what you think thanks.

That's quite a bit to spend to "upgrade" a pc.

The following user thanked Cory for this useful post:

kmanthecaveman
10-11-2011, 12:07 AM #3
Originally posted by Poynt View Post
That's quite a bit to spend to "upgrade" a pc.

That is true but updating for me is keeping for 7-10 years
10-11-2011, 12:34 AM #4
That is true but updating for me is keeping for 7-10 years
you could buy a computer for a little more and have a lot better computer for that much :mad:

The following user thanked Alexis Rhodes for this useful post:

kmanthecaveman
10-11-2011, 12:34 AM #5
Originally posted by Dark
you could buy a computer for a little more and have a lot better computer for that much :mad:

But that takes away the fun of building it
10-11-2011, 12:36 AM #6
But that takes away the fun of building it
where did you get the order list from btw ?
10-11-2011, 12:37 AM #7
Originally posted by Dark
where did you get the order list from btw ?

newegg .
10-11-2011, 12:40 AM #8
newegg .
yea thats where i was going to say to look if you got those from another site cheapest place online i know of
10-11-2011, 01:37 AM #9
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Well i have just gotten old enough to work at my local super market and with Christmas around the corner I thought that this would be the best time to build a new pc. I know in the picture of the cart I missing a lot of things such as a graphics card this is because I already have an ok pc i just need a upgrade. These are the parts I am thinking of buying You must login or register to view this content. let me know what you think thanks.

Its a lot easier for us to have links, that way we can actually look at the specs and tell you what we think (and make sure that everything is compatible) because I'm not really in the mood to hunt down all those things on Newegg.

If cost is a problem, buy cheaper things. Think about things that really matter to you. You might not need a ton of RAM or a ton of space on your hard drive, and you might not need a solid state drive, you might not need an expensive and fancy case, and you might not need as much processing power as you would think. I'm convinced that when people go to build their own computer, they focus purely on the specs, trying to maximize all these numbers, but what should really count are basic heuristics like the size of your monitor, which isn't really related to building your own computer at all. Also, people think that if they get all the best and most powerful parts that they'll somehow feel some massive effect. Depending on what you're doing, you only need a certain amount of power, and in most cases, increasing it past that amount won't increase the speed of your computer (at least not at any noticeable level).

The following user thanked Epic? for this useful post:

kmanthecaveman
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM #10
Originally posted by Epic
Its a lot easier for us to have links, that way we can actually look at the specs and tell you what we think (and make sure that everything is compatible) because I'm not really in the mood to hunt down all those things on Newegg.

If cost is a problem, buy cheaper things. Think about things that really matter to you. You might not need a ton of RAM or a ton of space on your hard drive, and you might not need a solid state drive, you might not need an expensive and fancy case, and you might not need as much processing power as you would think. I'm convinced that when people go to build their own computer, they focus purely on the specs, trying to maximize all these numbers, but what should really count are basic heuristics like the size of your monitor, which isn't really related to building your own computer at all. Also, people think that if they get all the best and most powerful parts that they'll somehow feel some massive effect. Depending on what you're doing, you only need a certain amount of power, and in most cases, increasing it past that amount won't increase the speed of your computer (at least not at any noticeable level).

Thank you for your suggestions I have updated the thread. I understand what your saying but my computer is old and can barley run windows 7 like you said i wont notice that big of a difference but computers with SSDs do tend to boot faster then a computer with your standard HDD. With the processor right now i have a signal core processor. I know it wont be that big of a speed jump going to a quad core but it will help. Once again thank you for your post

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo