01-21-2009, 08:38 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Not even closed to finished too tired to work on it anymore so, give me your opinions on the pre-pre beta.

I will be releasing a more stable beta tomorrow some time hopefully. I will also be adding a few new key-features such as, Volume control, Better looking, more organized and better song picker.

There is currently no working stop/play buttons but, thats because if I continue, I will literally fall asleep on my keyboard so, I will post the link below.

And again, the purpose of all my programs is, to make something thats good and faster than others.

https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ijqt1yymmno
01-21-2009, 09:25 AM #2
idk what to tell ya man
01-21-2009, 03:30 PM #3
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
How do you propose making it faster? It's not like you'd want to play the MP3s faster, and even a 200MHz computer could play MP3s. If you mean faster when you have a large library of songs, Windows Media Player already handles all 5000+ of my songs without any issues. :p But that aside, add some more buttons and controls, lol.
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM #4
though I replied but whatever.. As I was originally going to say is, I am going to make lots of improvements and I will add a lot more functions tonight. I am currently at school and on my iPod so.....
01-21-2009, 07:56 PM #5
AgentJon
Former Staff
add all the buttons, lol, like play and that, yeah..
01-21-2009, 08:16 PM #6
hope this will turn out good Smile have fun
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM #7
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
I finally looked at your program and found that you're using the Windows Media Player control object to play the music, which is what I suspected you were doing. If you just use that, then it's impossible for your MP3 player to ever be better than Windows Media Player.

I may start coding a Visual C# MP3 player that actually decodes the MP3s itself and sends the output to the sound card. I want to make a player that can decently and properly buffer MP3 files being played over high latency networks. WMP fails at this, VLC does a decent job but takes almost a minute to begin playing, and Songbird has other problems that I won't get in to.

Anyways, my idea is to import the WMP media library which should contain a list of all the files, their properties, and most importantly, their locations. Then I can access the music I normally listen to while not having issues playing it when my school's internet connection's latency spikes to 200ms.
02-06-2009, 12:57 AM #8
Yeah I might change the WMP control object to something else down the line but for now it does its job lol
02-06-2009, 12:59 AM #9
I like it great job.....

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo