04-25-2011, 02:26 AM #1
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm wanting to learn Java as I've learned .Net completely and learned several things about C++ but I wish to go and learn something else. Reason why I want to learn Java is because I want to learn Java Lol.

I've been searching on the internet and I still can't find any half decent tutorials on basics, and when I do they are outdated.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction. I'm learning this myself and well don't want to pickup a guide that looks proper and get into it to find out the information is bad.

So please help. Happy
04-25-2011, 02:55 AM #11
Originally posted by Papa
Alright, I'll use him for now. Look's pretty worthwhile. Still would like something to read for instructions.

Beggers can't be choosers though. :/

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Yea, well it has 512 mb of ram on it. It's good for learning on + If I get viruses or whatever I just do wipe it and reinstall everything and have it working in 6 hours.

Also, who is that girl???

I'll be getting a new computer in August, my birthday will be then and well that's when I really will be focusing on this stuff. Smile

Haha! I'm doing somthing similar, but my birthdays in july Winky Winky.
04-25-2011, 04:07 AM #12
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Thanks for the link for YouTube, it's helping. Still much would prefer the text guides as they can be printed out for offline use or reading up in spare time.

The YouTube video's are helping though.
05-12-2011, 03:00 AM #13
IKILLU2014
Toaster...
You must login or register to view this content.
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM #14
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>
Fantastic for web development. Sad Awesome :love:

Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
Best site for learning coding languages for me has been You must login or register to view this content., but I don't see java on there so sorry :(.

It's good to learn other coding so check it out Winky Winky.
05-18-2011, 01:43 AM #15
I'm trying to learn java as well (I'm new to programming all together) and I use the ebook "Blue Pelican Java" just google blue pelican java and the first link will take you to their website, then click on "download" at the top of the page. Then it asks you to create a user account, just fill in some bs information (or your real info if you want) and then it will take you to the download page. The book is definatly a good place to start and as you learn more about java you can probably find something better.
05-18-2011, 07:04 PM #16
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Papa
I'm wanting to learn Java as I've learned .Net completely and learned several things about C++ but I wish to go and learn something else. Reason why I want to learn Java is because I want to learn Java Lol.

I've been searching on the internet and I still can't find any half decent tutorials on basics, and when I do they are outdated.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction. I'm learning this myself and well don't want to pickup a guide that looks proper and get into it to find out the information is bad.

So please help. Happy

Message me on aim and I'd be glad to teach you Smile
AIM Username: Kiwimoosical
Last edited by kiwimoosical ; 05-18-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo