01-09-2012, 04:36 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU, I have a question and i wanted to ask the people who know best (you guys). Okay so i'm 15 years old and my goal is to develop and app for the apple app store. With minimal programing knowledge, where should i start and how should i work myself up to my goal? I already have ideas for the game and everything! I just need to build up to objective-c.
BTDubs ill rep anyone that helps hah thanks guys!
01-15-2012, 12:16 PM #11
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Originally posted by GQGK View Post
Depends on who you ask. I mean you have to start somewhere and I guess obj-c is as good a place as any. But it's syntax bothers me (speaking as someone who started on Java and moved to C++ and dabbled in obj-c in between). I code for my Android on my mac because I didn't want to deal with obj-c lol

I started with C#, but found it very boring, so I switched to PHP. I've had a good start with PHP from what I knew from C#.
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM #12
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Epic
You answered your own question, if you want to learn Objective-C, start there! Apple has some You must login or register to view this content., You must login or register to view this content. seems to be a popular book for learning Objective-C.

Don't forget, if he wants to code for apple and create applications and submit, he will need a Mac computer with their software and a licence to submit. :/

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

Epic?
01-16-2012, 05:26 AM #13
GQGK
Skillz
Originally posted by Chrom3D View Post
I started with C#, but found it very boring, so I switched to PHP. I've had a good start with PHP from what I knew from C#.

Anything you start with is going to be boring at first. Mostly because you can't do any fun stuff with it starting out. Except high level stuff like PHP because it's very easy to learn. It all takes patience to learn and you have to stick with it.
01-16-2012, 03:13 PM #14
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Anything you start with is going to be boring at first. Mostly because you can't do any fun stuff with it starting out. Except high level stuff like PHP because it's very easy to learn. It all takes patience to learn and you have to stick with it.

True, but I spent too much time on C# without breaks and then Christmas came and I stopped. Now recently I came up with a quite good idea for a website, which I wanna make. I don't want to rely too much on others scripts, so I'm going to make my own. Both HTML and PHP lets you feel it's worth doing from the start if you know what I mean.

After 6 months I will hopefully be able to write my own stuff, though I won't be able to call myself a professional within the languages. After a couple of years I'll be quite good i feel.
01-17-2012, 06:26 AM #15
GQGK
Skillz
True, but I spent too much time on C# without breaks and then Christmas came and I stopped. Now recently I came up with a quite good idea for a website, which I wanna make. I don't want to rely too much on others scripts, so I'm going to make my own. Both HTML and PHP lets you feel it's worth doing from the start if you know what I mean.

After 6 months I will hopefully be able to write my own stuff, though I won't be able to call myself a professional within the languages. After a couple of years I'll be quite good i feel.

Exactly. And the codecadamy website is actually really good at teaching JavaScript if you're still interested in the (from your sig). But yes, HTML and PHP are kind of "instant satisfaction" languages. Which isn't bad at all. You can make some fun site with it and I'm looking forward to what you're making since you seem so set on it.
01-17-2012, 09:24 AM #16
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Exactly. And the codecadamy website is actually really good at teaching JavaScript if you're still interested in the (from your sig). But yes, HTML and PHP are kind of "instant satisfaction" languages. Which isn't bad at all. You can make some fun site with it and I'm looking forward to what you're making since you seem so set on it.

Yeah :p Thx =D I'm going to learn HTML and PHP first before Javascript
01-18-2012, 01:07 PM #17
Yeah :p Thx =D I'm going to learn HTML and PHP first before Javascript

I would personally learn Javascript before PHP as I found that a lot of the markup in Javascript is easier to write when compared to PHP. By this I mean that you can understand the different programming techniques (such as iterations and functions) easier in Javascript; and then you can apply most of the same logic to PHP by changing a slight amount of markup. Doing it the other way round, as in going from PHP to Javascript, seems a lot harder as PHP requirements are greater, I personally find, PHP easier to make mistakes in. Anyone else find this to be true? Or am I just being stupid again? xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo