01-18-2012, 12:47 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What do you guys think is a better programming language?

Use this format and explain why:
Example:
C++(100%) C#(100%) Why do i think this: Whatever you want to write here.
01-18-2012, 02:02 AM #2
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by TheKravenHd View Post
What do you guys think is a better programming language?

Use this format and explain why:
Example:
C++(100%) C#(100%) Why do i think this: Whatever you want to write here.

Comparing programming languages is mostly pointless, at best you'll get opinions, and there's pluses and minuses for either language (and any language). Anyone who claims to create the best language is an idiot, unless they're making the claim for a specific job (and even at that, there can be debate).

Personally, I would choose to program in C# over C++ in most circumstances, I'd generally consider the language and certain features much more modern, also, I'm quite fond of the .NET framework. Having said that, there are also a number of situations in which I would prefer C++.

And either way, the programming language doesn't make the programmer, and a skilled C++ programmer would produce cleaner code that's more efficient than a novice C# programmer, the reverse is also true.
Last edited by Epic? ; 01-18-2012 at 02:04 AM.

The following user thanked Epic? for this useful post:

Pichu
01-18-2012, 10:41 AM #3
i agree with Epic?
both of these languages are good for certain circumstances.
neither is really better than the other. but i program more in c++ than c# mainly because i use linux. and some of the better features of c# are .net framework dependent. and i use qtcreator for most of my gui programming. also i enjoy making 2d games. which c++ has a pretty decent structure for that. but all in all i enjoy them both.
so i'm 50% - C++ 50% - C#

The following user thanked Docko412 for this useful post:

Pichu
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM #4
I would have to go with C#, mainly for the reason that I've been too lazy to program in C++. I know it's quite a generally popular transition from C# to C++ but I decided, for some weird reason to go from C# to VB. I regret it fully after half a year (I find VB's markup and syntax too confusing and half the time I have to create alternate methods for problems a few line of C# code can fix). Hopefully, I should start learning the syntax of C++ within the next couple of weeks!
01-18-2012, 11:48 PM #5
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
I go with C# but I haven't had the chance to give C++ much of a try because the builder for it takes too much out of my computer.

--
Personally, when you look at C# it looks pretty compared to C++ but C++ looks a lot more advance.
--
50/50 on it.
01-19-2012, 02:39 AM #6
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
I go with C# but I haven't had the chance to give C++ much of a try because the builder for it takes too much out of my computer.

--
Personally, when you look at C# it looks pretty compared to C++ but C++ looks a lot more advance.
--
50/50 on it.

Being "advanced" is not always a good thing in software development.
01-19-2012, 05:07 AM #7
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Epic
Being "advanced" is not always a good thing in software development.

Never said it was a good or a bad thing. :P

Just said it looks advance.
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM #8
Originally posted by Badman.
Depends how advanced what your making is, I think C# is useful for making little tools here and there but for real programs I go for C++. :y:

define "real programs".
01-27-2012, 08:56 PM #9
Originally posted by Badman.
Sure...

To me I mean something I would work on for over a months span, although I must admit I have worked on some thing for a week or two in C#. :p

i see what you mean now. although i think C# would be better for anything gui based.
01-29-2012, 10:04 AM #10
tokzikate
Gym leader
C++ > C#
C++ is multiplatform!
C++ has no dependencies, (C# has .NET framework)
C++ is "better" when it comes to lower level programming, which is much faster than higher level programming.

If your just interested in creating Windows apps, and make GUI's easily, go for C#

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo