Post: I need help using Microsoft's Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition
06-14-2014, 11:35 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I bought this book called "Beginning C++ Through Game Programming" and the book author told me to download Microsoft's Visual C++ 2010 Express. I'm to use it for the lesson plans. Anyways I did what he said and entered all the code and selected Debug, and then Build Solution. Next is to press Ctrl+F5 to run the program. Nothing happens when I press Ctrl+F5. I even tried using the authors code and nothing happens when I press Ctrl+F5. A screen is supposed to pop up that says "Game Over!". Is there another way to run the code? Is there something that I can click on or select to run the code that way?

When I try to update the program with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 I get an error. It says Error(s) found: Code 13EC Windows Update ran into a problem. I am using a Toshiba Satellite running Windows 8.1. I just want to do the lesson plans in this book so that I can learn how to program. Can someone please help me?
06-15-2014, 11:48 AM #2
I uninstalled Toshiba function keys. That fixed that problem. So now I can run the code. Some code works and some doesn't. I can't even update the program (I just get errors trying to install the updates). I can't seem to run the author's code (it either doesn't run or I get errors). I'm starting to think that because I'm using a Toshiba Satellite S875-S7376 running Windows 8.1 it is causing problems. I think that I am going to need a newer IDE.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo