11-28-2014, 02:22 PM #1
jagex
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Probably not the best way to do this but it works lol

BackgroundWorker ProgramCheck = new BackgroundWorker();

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
ProgramCheck.DoWork += CanUseProgramCheck;
ProgramCheck.RunWorkerCompleted += CanUseProgramCheckFinished;
ProgramCheck.RunWorkerAsync();
}

private void CanUseProgramCheckFinished(object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
{
ProgramCheck.RunWorkerAsync();
}

private void CanUseProgramCheck(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
{
try
{
var request = HttpWebRequest.Create("link to file here");
request.Timeout = 5000;
var response = request.GetResponse();

var file = response.GetResponseStream();

using (var streamReader = new StreamReader(file))
{
string canUse = streamReader.ReadToEnd();

if (!canUse.Equals("01"))
{

//Put whatever you want here
}
}
file.Dispose();
response.Dispose();
}
catch
{

//Put whatever you want here
}
}

}
}
Last edited by jagex ; 11-28-2014 at 03:54 PM.
12-20-2014, 08:16 PM #11
jagex
Gym leader
Originally posted by Astek View Post
are you kidding ? na man it's VB can't you tell from the syntax

its C#
12-20-2014, 08:18 PM #12
One
At least I can fight
Originally posted by jagex View Post
its C#

i no Not Happy or Sad
12-20-2014, 08:19 PM #13
jagex
Gym leader
i no Not Happy or Sad

lol my bad. I couldn't tell if your post was sarcasm or not xD
12-20-2014, 08:32 PM #14
Boliberrys
^^ Sexy ^^
are you kidding ? na man it's VB can't you tell from the syntax

lol i meant to put IS, not ISNT.
12-22-2014, 09:06 PM #15
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
The only way this would work is if you enabled the requirement of constant internet access, meaning if they went down they would not be allowed to use your software.

If you didn't require that it checked internet access and only required logging in once to create a simple user data file, that data file could be used w/ a simple edit of the host files to redirect the URL to local to prevent the disabling of the program. The URL can be fetched with other software that checks web input/output.

Next, if you did require constant internet access, you'd run into issues if your server went down, software that can't be used freely, etc. This option is only good if what you have is something you really want secure, but it'd piss a lot of people off.
12-22-2014, 10:56 PM #16
jagex
Gym leader
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
The only way this would work is if you enabled the requirement of constant internet access, meaning if they went down they would not be allowed to use your software.

If you didn't require that it checked internet access and only required logging in once to create a simple user data file, that data file could be used w/ a simple edit of the host files to redirect the URL to local to prevent the disabling of the program. The URL can be fetched with other software that checks web input/output.

Next, if you did require constant internet access, you'd run into issues if your server went down, software that can't be used freely, etc. This option is only good if what you have is something you really want secure, but it'd piss a lot of people off.

Yea, this was made for just one of my program that I sold to some dude who is not tech savvy at all so wasn't to worried lol. Just needed something quick and easy in case he decided to charge back

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo