02-11-2011, 09:37 PM #1
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im having problems with my pc hard drive its only a 40gb hdd but iv not got any films music pictures nothing on it and only a few programmes but i only have 1 gb free space and sometimes when i check it goes upto 5gb surely i should have more ? can anyone help with this plz? getting very annoying
02-11-2011, 09:40 PM #2
elliot
Samurai Poster
Um just upgrade the HDD and you wont have no more problems. Cool Man (aka Tustin)
02-11-2011, 09:45 PM #3
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
Originally posted by xXeiGhT
Um just upgrade the HDD and you wont have no more problems. Cool Man (aka Tustin)

no money to i just bought a new 1 for my ps3 + im useless with computers wouldnt know where to start....but it cant be right can it? i should have more space
02-11-2011, 09:49 PM #4
elliot
Samurai Poster
Yeah you should have more space. Im not a pro on computer's as well but try doing a system clean up.
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM #5
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
Yeah you should have more space. Im not a pro on computer's as well but try doing a system clean up.

gave that a go got a program called crap cleaner ran it it did delete stuff but only like 60mb n iv looked through the whole thing i cant find anything
02-11-2011, 10:00 PM #6
elliot
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by pal View Post
gave that a go got a program called crap cleaner ran it it did delete stuff but only like 60mb n iv looked through the whole thing i cant find anything

Had to lol on the crap cleaner, but anyway is it necessary to have alot of pictures & videos if not delete them & or delete some programs you don't need
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM #7
If you have downloaded things over time they could be stored in the appdata folder.

It's an invisible folder but if you get ccleaner it deletes all that. go ahead and try that.

Also make sure your systems up to date, go check for updates.

Also go check on computer management and then disk management, this will give you a overview of your hard drive.
Last edited by Stx ; 02-11-2011 at 10:07 PM.
02-11-2011, 10:14 PM #8
alz-yer-pal
Gym leader
Had to lol on the crap cleaner, but anyway is it necessary to have alot of pictures & videos if not delete them & or delete some programs you don't need

only programme i have installed is utorrent n iv not got any music or films nothing

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
If you have downloaded things over time they could be stored in the appdata folder.

It's an invisible folder but if you get ccleaner it deletes all that. go ahead and try that.

Also make sure your systems up to date, go check for updates.

Also go check on computer management and then disk management, this will give you a overview of your hard drive.

yeah ccleaner thats the programme i used i looked on computer management said i had 1.25 gb free space i clicked x and opened it again to see and it was 1.2gb everytime i look its changed its wierd
02-11-2011, 10:16 PM #9
Originally posted by pal View Post
only programme i have installed is utorrent n iv not got any music or films nothing

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

yeah ccleaner thats the programme i used i looked on computer management said i had 1.25 gb free space i clicked x and opened it again to see and it was 1.2gb everytime i look its changed its wierd

Wow :O I really haven't heard of anything like this lol :(.

What operating system are you on?

Also a little more information about your pc would help mate.
02-11-2011, 10:18 PM #10
elliot
Samurai Poster
Delete Utorrent then if your not using it. And be sure your deleting your programs correct because if your doing it wrong they always leave things behind like folders & etc.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo