05-26-2011, 10:04 PM #1
m121c
Straightupmx.com
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay I am having a problem. My DVD-RW disk drive doesn't read the disk.
(Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D)

When I insert the disk media player pops up, nothing is there, I look on the E: drive nothing there. It says the disk has no space and no bytes of memory on it. I have tried DVD-R, DVD+RW,and DVD-RW, nothing works. When I insert a CD-R it recognizes the size and everything. I know my disc is not blank. When I insert a disk like a DVD-RW it changes from DVD-RW Drive (ESmile to CD Drive (ESmile but the picture shows a disc labeled DVD-RW. If I insert a CD-R it does the same thing except it show CD-R in the picture. Any ideas?
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM #2
Default Avatar
Cade
Originally posted by Xx View Post
Okay I am having a problem. My DVD-RW disk drive doesn't read the disk.
(Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D)

When I insert the disk media player pops up, nothing is there, I look on the E: drive nothing there. It says the disk has no space and no bytes of memory on it. I have tried DVD-R, DVD+RW,and DVD-RW, nothing works. When I insert a CD-R it recognizes the size and everything. I know my disc is not blank. When I insert a disk like a DVD-RW it changes from DVD-RW Drive (ESmile to CD Drive (ESmile but the picture shows a disc labeled DVD-RW. If I insert a CD-R it does the same thing except it show CD-R in the picture. Any ideas?

buy a new computer. :carling:
05-26-2011, 10:10 PM #3
m121c
Straightupmx.com
that helped alot
05-30-2011, 10:29 PM #4
Check the driver for it, and update the drive's bios if the manufacterer says to. I had a Gateway that had teh same problem until a year back when I finally got frustrated and started harassing the company.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo