04-16-2012, 02:27 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hi people of NGU,

I dont know if this has already been asked or posted i checked if already post didnt find a whole lot but
i know there are programs you can download to help increase your ram but the ones ive seen cost money i was
wondering if there is any way i can clean up my ram with something free or deleteing stuff thats old please help
me im trying to record with a capture card on my xbox and its really slow.

-xChurbo
04-16-2012, 06:52 AM #2
You do realises that RAM memory is only temporary and that once you shut down your computer it deletes everything on it..

If you mean you want to overclock your RAM then thats different, but it doesn't have a huge affect so its not worth doing.

I hope your not another one of those people who think, "Oh my computer is getting slow, NEED MORE RAM!!!!!!!!!" Winky Winky
04-17-2012, 02:58 AM #3
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
You do realises that RAM memory is only temporary and that once you shut down your computer it deletes everything on it..

If you mean you want to overclock your RAM then thats different, but it doesn't have a huge affect so its not worth doing.

I hope your not another one of those people who think, "Oh my computer is getting slow, NEED MORE RAM!!!!!!!!!" Winky Winky

Seriously, people don't realize there are other possible issues with the computer causing it to be "so" slow.

If you want a temp small boost to help speed things up a little bit, take a flash drive and use it as virtual memory. This can help slightly. If you are having all these problems, you most likely will either need a newer video card or a new computer.
04-17-2012, 06:13 AM #4
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Also make sure you are not auto loading a bunch of programs on startup, this will have a huge impact on the performance and ram usage.
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM #5
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by xChurbo View Post
hi people of NGU,

I dont know if this has already been asked or posted i checked if already post didnt find a whole lot but
i know there are programs you can download to help increase your ram but the ones ive seen cost money i was
wondering if there is any way i can clean up my ram with something free or deleteing stuff thats old please help
me im trying to record with a capture card on my xbox and its really slow.

-xChurbo

Download a program to increase RAM?

Please send me a link to this website, so I can personally shove my 50 pound computer where the sun don't shine.

Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
need a newer video card or a new computer.

A video card does not have much effect only while running a large amount of applications such as Sony Vegas, etc. As you may well know that Mac's and their infamous Intel integrated graphics still perform fine with intense applications.

The main cause is in fact: RAM and the CPU in your computer.

RAM does make a difference regardless what people want to believe. There is a reason that I went with 16GB of RAM on this gaming rig, because it gets used quickly. Just as I am typing this my PC is using up 20% of my RAM from backround processes. That sums up to 3.2GB.

Originally posted by ghostbear View Post
Also make sure you are not auto loading a bunch of programs on startup, this will have a huge impact on the performance and ram usage.

This is good advice.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo