04-22-2012, 01:24 PM #1
BigFudge
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a macbook running 10.6.8 snow leopard and I am trying to get my seagate external HDD to work. The mac seems to recognise it however it does not display any of the files and looks like it is encrypted or something. The HDD works on any windows computer and laptop. Does anybody know how I can get it to recognise it.

You must login or register to view this content. - Here is what comes up when opening the HDD.

Thanks in advance
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM #2
welliegs
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by BigFudge View Post
I have a macbook running 10.6.8 snow leopard and I am trying to get my seagate external HDD to work. The mac seems to recognise it however it does not display any of the files and looks like it is encrypted or something. The HDD works on any windows computer and laptop. Does anybody know how I can get it to recognise it.

You must login or register to view this content. - Here is what comes up when opening the HDD.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately the hosting site is down so i couldnt view the picture.
From what youve said it sounds like your external HDD is formatted to the wrong filesystem for mac.
You can either reformatt it to a mac compatible firmware or look up things like Mac Fuse
Good Luck!
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM #3
D3XTA
Bounty hunter
I have a macbook running 10.6.8 snow leopard and I am trying to get my seagate external HDD to work. The mac seems to recognise it however it does not display any of the files and looks like it is encrypted or something. The HDD works on any windows computer and laptop. Does anybody know how I can get it to recognise it.

Thanks in advance

Main problem with hdd is the currpt or they require a format once a while or when it feels something is wrong, best thing to do, back up all the files on a computer which recognises it, format the drive and put it on FAT32. Or yo u could try forming it on your mac but Im not sure you'll be able to back up your data
05-23-2012, 02:13 AM #4
PULS3
< ^ > < ^ >

Thanks in advance

I use to have the same problem.I recommend getting NTFS for Mac Osx.I works and Ive had no problem with it.You can read and write to the drive without formatting
05-24-2012, 11:39 AM #5
Raco0n
Keeper
Originally posted by PULS3 View Post
I use to have the same problem.I recommend getting NTFS for Mac Osx.I works and Ive had no problem with it.You can read and write to the drive without formatting

I second this. /

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo