05-24-2012, 04:19 AM #1
xaznboyx69
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi ... I have a USB 2.0 and when I plug it in, it's read and everything but when I try to delete a file or add files into the USB it says :

The Disk Is Write-Protected
Remove the Write Protection or use another disk.
And it says Cancel or try again.

I have no idea how to fix it so someone please post a comment on how to fix it please and thank you.
05-24-2012, 07:51 AM #2
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by xaznboyx69 View Post
Hi ... I have a USB 2.0 and when I plug it in, it's read and everything but when I try to delete a file or add files into the USB it says :

I have no idea how to fix it so someone please post a comment on how to fix it please and thank you.

Is it a flash drive or an external hard drive?

Either way, I've encountered this problem before, for me, I had no success in fixing it and it was forever busted.

You can try editing your Registry I think it was, but if it's really not that important to you, get a new one.
05-24-2012, 07:57 AM #3
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by 101 View Post
Is it a flash drive or an external hard drive?

Either way, I've encountered this problem before, for me, I had no success in fixing it and it was forever busted.

You can try editing your Registry I think it was, but if it's really not that important to you, get a new one.

Wouldnt reformatting it work?
05-24-2012, 08:01 AM #4
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by Mezzid View Post
Wouldnt reformatting it work?

No, this is some internal error within the said drive itself.

Possibly corrupted during formatting or other such possibilities.

You need to edit something with Windows, but then again, I don't see how that would help since the problem is on the drive.
05-24-2012, 02:51 PM #5
Think your best bet is to buy a new one. They're not that expensive anyway Smile

Originally posted by xaznboyx69 View Post
Hi ... I have a USB 2.0 and when I plug it in, it's read and everything but when I try to delete a file or add files into the USB it says :

05-24-2012, 10:47 PM #6
xaznboyx69
Little One
Ok thank You Guys, I will buy a new one indeed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo