06-01-2012, 12:51 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well one of my relatives dropped an external HDD off to me in hope that I could fix it for them not sure what they've done to it but it shows up under Disk Management but cannot be initialized because of write protection, is their a way around the write protection to allow me to unlock the disk to be used again, the Hard drive is a fairly new Western Digital My passport HDD I was thinking of using a linux Live CD but I have no idea how to use it or what I could achieve with it?
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM #2
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
Originally posted by R View Post
Well one of my relatives dropped an external HDD off to me in hope that I could fix it for them not sure what they've done to it but it shows up under Disk Management but cannot be initialized because of write protection, is their a way around the write protection to allow me to unlock the disk to be used again, the Hard drive is a fairly new Western Digital My passport HDD I was thinking of using a linux Live CD but I have no idea how to use it or what I could achieve with it?

Try this: You must login or register to view this content.
06-03-2012, 11:27 PM #3
suprc4
I am error
most possibly dead.
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM #4
does it show up in the "My Computer" directory at all? Also by fix what do they mean? Is it unable to be accessed? They should have gave your more info so you know what to precisely do. If there was anything else please post back, I should be able to help.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo