06-11-2012, 05:50 AM #1
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a problem with uploading forum software with Filezilla FTP.

I'm trying to upload vB files to my domain. The remote site has the directory / and lists my domains. In the domain folders there was a folder but it wasn't neccesary.

Anyway, I upload the files and the files show up when I'm copying files but when it finishes uploading it shows up as an empty directory. Any help?

Additional info: Host uses Vistapanel FTP.
06-11-2012, 05:52 AM #2
Default Avatar
River J
Try compressing everything and uploading it via file manager in the website cpanel and then extract it all from there too. It's sooo much faster. Also, make sure you're always using legit forum software :y:
06-11-2012, 05:53 AM #3
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
Originally posted by River
Try compressing everything and uploading it via file manager in the website cpanel and then extract it all from there too. It's sooo much faster. Also, make sure you're always using legit forum software :y:

Okay I'll give it a try. Also, it's not legit...
06-11-2012, 05:55 AM #4
Default Avatar
River J
Originally posted by Juzzy View Post
Okay I'll give it a try. Also, it's not legit...

shame shame :n:
You could probably SE a copy if you're too cheap to buy it haha
06-11-2012, 03:07 PM #5
this type of thing usually occurs when you have certain FTP access level to the domain name, I had this issue with my website You must login or register to view this content. as for the first day or so I kept trying to access/ setup my email servers and upload files through filezilla, but then the next day I got a call verifying my account to give me root access to everything. You may want to check if your account is verified with them, I am not sure exactly if its the same problem but if you have had the domain for a while and they never contacted you or anything then go ahead and send me a PM

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

EDIT: Some reason it posted the rest but anyways if you still continue to get this error, but still tried the above posts to fix the issue contact me through PM or skype,

The following user thanked TJx1337 for this useful post:

Justin

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo