07-16-2012, 07:04 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Long story short, the power button on my case is broken, and i now need to start my computer by shorting the pins on the mobo. Can i fix this by taking the plastic ends pff the wires that go to the buttons and then wrapping them around the pins? Im not exactly sure what is causing the button to malfunction, just wondering if this would fix it. Case is the Rosewill CRUISER.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18147[/ATTACH] - Power / reset pins

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18146[/ATTACH] - Wires going to the top I/O panel for power/reset switches
07-16-2012, 08:02 PM #2
geralds
Little One
IF what you trying to do is by pass the whiring it may work though i wish i coudl give you a better answer.
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM #3
Originally posted by geralds View Post
IF what you trying to do is by pass the whiring it may work though i wish i coudl give you a better answer.

No, im trying to take the plastic part off that you use to plug into the pins, and wrap the stripped wire around the pin and see if that fixes it.
07-16-2012, 10:02 PM #4
geralds
Little One
how is that going to fix anything if it is just the plastic part? Why not just buy a new button?
07-16-2012, 10:40 PM #5
Originally posted by geralds View Post
how is that going to fix anything if it is just the plastic part? Why not just buy a new button?

I dont think you can do that.
07-16-2012, 10:55 PM #6
Mr.Oppossum
I defeated!
Originally posted by xGIBRALTERx View Post
I dont think you can do that.

Couldn't you just have the striped wires coming out of the case and just touch them to jump the circit that way? at least you can have the side panel on :/

The following user thanked Mr.Oppossum for this useful post:

ChillChiefly96
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM #7
Thats an idea...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo