05-13-2013, 07:47 PM #1
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Specs.
- Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Socket-1155
- PCU: Intel i5 2500K @Stock
- GPU: EVGA GTX 670 2GB @Stock
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
- PSU: Corsair 750W

Problems.
Very inconsistent FPS and rather low at times.

I'm getting tired here. I can't play my favorite games anymore without the FPS dropping allot. I know the CPU is getting a few years old and that the GPU is not top of the line anymore, but is a game running STABLE at 60FPS to much to ask for? I mean, I know that a couple of FPS drop are common, but when I drop from 60 to like 35 -37 I really notice it, and it bothers me.

Examples.
BF3 maxed out w/Adaptive vSync(Stutter).
- It does stay at 59 - 61 most of the time, but all of the sudden it drops down to like 30 - 40. Shouldn't this rig hold BF3 at Ultra?

GTA IV naxed out w/no Vsync.
This game dosen't even reach 60 FPS. I almost never seem to go over like 55 or so, and same as BF the FPS drops really low at times.

Any idea what might be wrong? Is my CPU to weak, is it the GPU or is there something else that messing up here?
Last edited by Hakon ; 05-13-2013 at 08:03 PM.
05-17-2013, 03:09 PM #11
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
There isn't a massive bootup change when you load the OS on a SSD. Unless you manually tweak the OS to boot you won't see a difference between a normal hdd vs ssd. That's why I always keep around a decent 7200 rpm that has < 200 GB for the OS. You want to use the SSD's for games that would normally have really long load times between levels, stages, area's etc.
05-17-2013, 10:28 PM #12
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
Originally posted by TheQuagmire View Post
There isn't a massive bootup change when you load the OS on a SSD. Unless you manually tweak the OS to boot you won't see a difference between a normal hdd vs ssd. That's why I always keep around a decent 7200 rpm that has < 200 GB for the OS. You want to use the SSD's for games that would normally have really long load times between levels, stages, area's etc.

Here's what I've done.

- I cleaned out the entire case for dust and re-installed Windows, leaving only the OS and basic programs(Virus and such) on one of the SSD's, the other one is for Steam and Origin only while the fastest of my HDD's are running miscellaneous software. The last to are for storage.

- I installed the H80 and 2 more fans, clocked the CPU to what appears to be a stable 4.5Ghz overclock. I'll might try and up it bit more but that should do it for now.

- My RAM for some reason was running at only 1333Mhz, so I fixed that and set it to 1600Mhz.

I'll take on the GPU tomorrow! Smile
05-18-2013, 02:02 AM #13
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
Very nice Hakon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo