Post: Seriously need help with overclocking. (2500k & Asus z77-V)
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM #1
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm really tired of this shit now. Thinking my OC is stable and running smooth when.. BOOM! BSOD or other errors. :impatient: I really need help here as I can't seem to find stable settings for this fucking chip.

- High voltages. (1.4 - 1.5v on a 4.5Ghz OC!)
- Unstable. (Bsod, resets and stopping workers.)
- Inconsistent. (Voltages and frequency often dosen't match at all. 1.370v idle(1600Mhz).)

Specs.

Cpu: i5 2500k.
Cooler: H80
Mobo: Asus z77-v lx
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Psu: Corsair 750W

I need someone with experience to walk me through the process of OC'ing this shit! I really woould like to hit 4.5Ghz. Smile
06-21-2013, 07:03 PM #20
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
Originally posted by Millz View Post
Good, try lowering the voltage inch by inch until it's unstable now. 1.4V is okay for that chip, but you should be able to use much less voltage for it. Try 1.38V then go down by 0.005V each time until you get a BSOD then you know that's when it's unstable.

It crashed at 1.385v, so I set it at 1.3900v which seem rather stable atm. I could try lowering it a little further, but I would assume that having a few extra volts as a headroom was a good thing concidering this particular chip isn't the greatest..? Temps in Prime never exceeds 60, they mainly stay withing 40-55.

Having this much volt may decrease it's liftime, but seeing it is over a year old and it's getting kind of out dated I've passed by the thought of an upgrade for either the 3770 or one of the new Haswell chips seeing that my mobo isn't the greatest either. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo