03-29-2015, 07:52 AM #1
GoatThieves
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I really need help with my slekbook its a hp when I turn it on it says "Boot Device Not Found, please install operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3f0), f2 system diagnostic for more info, please visit : www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup". I go to the website and it doesn't tell me anything so I need your guys help thanks rep will be given for sure.
04-02-2015, 05:45 AM #11
GoatThieves
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Windows 8 has multiple drive partitions. Some of which contain information that is required to do the automated system repair. You may be able to fix

You may want to take a look here:
You must login or register to view this content.

So I tried every step but 2 because I don't have the right tools to perform the step and on step 3 I couldn't rhe hard disk test I could only find memory test, language, and hard drive check. Also step 5, when I turn it and hit f11 non stop nothing happens do you think I should pay hp to fix it?
04-02-2015, 05:52 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by GoatThieves View Post
So I tried every step but 2 because I don't have the right tools to perform the step and on step 3 I couldn't rhe hard disk test I could only find memory test, language, and hard drive check. Also step 5, when I turn it and hit f11 non stop nothing happens do you think I should pay hp to fix it?

If the data on the disk isn't important to you , you could always try to just reinstall windows. They are some other steps that would involve doing a repair through command line but you could do more damage if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

If you try to reinstall windows and it can't find the drive (doing a fresh install) it very well may need to be reseated. If you do that and it still isn't being recognized the drive could be dead.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

GoatThieves
04-02-2015, 01:30 PM #13
GoatThieves
Pokemon Trainer
If the data on the disk isn't important to you , you could always try to just reinstall windows. They are some other steps that would involve doing a repair through command line but you could do more damage if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

If you try to reinstall windows and it can't find the drive (doing a fresh install) it very well may need to be reseated. If you do that and it still isn't being recognized the drive could be dead.

Could you link me to the steps I can do through the command line, and what type of damages.
04-02-2015, 01:36 PM #14
Default Avatar
Oneup
Could you link me to the steps I can do through the command line, and what type of damages.

Well you could run chkdsk . That really has no negative side effects other than taking up some time.

There was something else I actually forgot about. When you are in the BIOS did you happen to take a look at the Boot priority? If the HDD isn't listed refer to my other post.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

GoatThieves
04-02-2015, 10:25 PM #15
GoatThieves
Pokemon Trainer
Well you could run chkdsk . That really has no negative side effects other than taking up some time.

There was something else I actually forgot about. When you are in the BIOS did you happen to take a look at the Boot priority? If the HDD isn't listed refer to my other post.

In the BIOS I couldn't find boooy priority but I found boot options and it didn't say anything about hdd and my laptops makes this weird noise I just noticed right next to the mouse pad sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.
04-03-2015, 04:21 PM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
In the BIOS I couldn't find boooy priority but I found boot options and it didn't say anything about hdd and my laptops makes this weird noise I just noticed right next to the mouse pad sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

Does it sound clicky?
04-03-2015, 06:41 PM #17
GoatThieves
Pokemon Trainer
Does it sound clicky?

Yea it kinda sounds clicky and sounds like a fan, but it did when I opened up cmd
04-03-2015, 11:02 PM #18
Default Avatar
Oneup
Yea it kinda sounds clicky and sounds like a fan, but it did when I opened up cmd

Well when hard drives start to go you will know because they do make a clicky sound. That's what I asked.
04-04-2015, 05:37 AM #19
GoatThieves
Pokemon Trainer
Well when hard drives start to go you will know because they do make a clicky sound. That's what I asked.

So I need to get repaired by hp?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo