06-17-2015, 05:49 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have an old Compaq Presario Desktop and I wanna format the HDD but I have been searching around and found that itll mean I have to reinstall my OS. I dont have the original installation disc. So is there a way around this? Can I format it without needing to install my OS again. Btw Its on Windows XP Home Edition 32 bit. Help will be much appreciated.

Or... Can I install another OS. Something like Windows 7? Or is that not possible?
06-17-2015, 06:11 AM #11
Originally posted by MaoriiModding View Post
Ok, Thanks for your help Smile

Np, If you can't figure it out I can give more detailed instructions.
06-17-2015, 06:13 PM #12
pcpc
Little One
hello just take your stuff to external hdd or usb or create partition on your hdd and move all files what u need then just format your system partition and install windows 7 from bootable usb if u can tell us what size your hdd and RAM is
06-21-2015, 03:00 AM #13
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
Originally posted by MaoriiModding View Post
I have an old Compaq Presario Desktop and I wanna format the HDD but I have been searching around and found that itll mean I have to reinstall my OS. I dont have the original installation disc. So is there a way around this? Can I format it without needing to install my OS again. Btw Its on Windows XP Home Edition 32 bit. Help will be much appreciated.

Or... Can I install another OS. Something like Windows 7? Or is that not possible?

You might be able to create an installation disc on the computer. Have a look in your control panel or administrative tools and there might be an option. Or alternatively, look on google for something like 'how to create an install disc for (xp or whatever system you're running) Smile

Also if you do that second thing I said, make sure the disc is able to be used by the computer you're trying to reinstall rather than a different companies disc or it might come up with errors. You should be able to find something that works though, but try and create a system restore point or backup as well Smile
Last edited by Justin ; 06-21-2015 at 03:02 AM.

The following user thanked Justin for this useful post:

MaoriiModding

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo