11-12-2016, 01:25 PM #1
Kush Friendly
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I didn't really know how to title this but here we go....

So I have a HP ProLiant DL380 G5 rack server and for what I have it doing it needs like extra GPU power, so I put in a AMD card I had laying around.(its a Radeon HD 2600 XT, nothing fancy just needed a little bit more gpu power) In the bios I made it so the server is always using the onboard graphics that way I don't bog down the card with a display.
Now I got the card to show up and got the drivers installed on windows server 2012 and everything but I cant get my gpu load to go on to the AMD card, it just uses the onboard gpu to do its work. Can someone tell me or link me to a page that can tell me how to force the gpu workload onto the AMD card? Im not really sure what to do at this point lol I feel kinda dumb that I just assumed it would know what gpu to use for my workload, windows never knows what to do hahaha
12-12-2016, 01:42 PM #2
Sparrow
Big Papi
Could try disabling the on-board graphics, hopefully will force it to use the dedicated...
12-12-2016, 01:45 PM #3
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by Kush
So I didn't really know how to title this but here we go....

So I have a HP ProLiant DL380 G5 rack server and for what I have it doing it needs like extra GPU power, so I put in a AMD card I had laying around.(its a Radeon HD 2600 XT, nothing fancy just needed a little bit more gpu power) In the bios I made it so the server is always using the onboard graphics that way I don't bog down the card with a display.
Now I got the card to show up and got the drivers installed on windows server 2012 and everything but I cant get my gpu load to go on to the AMD card, it just uses the onboard gpu to do its work. Can someone tell me or link me to a page that can tell me how to force the gpu workload onto the AMD card? Im not really sure what to do at this point lol I feel kinda dumb that I just assumed it would know what gpu to use for my workload, windows never knows what to do hahaha

Or have a look at this 1st:

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo