03-31-2012, 09:27 PM #1
Millz
Worth the Weight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is the thread where you can boast about your overclocks, and post some benchmarks as well. Essentially I am trying to keep this place alive and ticking since not too many people visit these parts of the forums.

Edit: Thread is back up and still being updated! Post away! Everything has been cleaned up a little and I placed the charts on separate pages.

What's the Purpose?

As I mentioned before, you can post some form of proof that you have overclocked really anything, weather it be your CPU or GPU. Even your RAM (Although no one has done this so far, you could be the fist!)

Just post an image or proof of some sort, and I will add you to the spreadsheet. The results will be found at the end of the thread.

Who can Join?

EVERYONE!

I am a noob at overclocking, can I join?

Of course! I will be more than happy to help you with any overclocking questions that you might have. If I don't have the answer, I will at the very least lead you in a trusted direction from folks over at another forum. (PM me if you would like to know, as I don't believe advertising is allowed, please correct me if I'm wrong)
There you will most definitely get the help you need as they are all very respectable overclockers and benchmarkers. Think your rig is the best? Chances are someone there will beat you. Oh and not to mention that they hold several world records.

Feel free to PM me at any time!

Links to Download overclocking programs / benchmarking programs.

Please note that these are all CNET or Softpedia links, and they already have been confirmed %100 virus free by their respected companies.

Prime 95: (Stress test)

You must login or register to view this content.

CPU-Z: (CPU Monitoring software)

Realtemp: (Monitor your CPU's temperature)

Please quote me to ensure that I put you on this chart!

[multipage= Intel CPU Charts]

Sandy Bridge Overclocked CPU Chart

NGU Username Processor Used Clock Speed Achieved
Steve Jobs i7 2600k 5.0 GHz
Millz59 i7 2600k 4.8 GHz
Cpt. Slow i5 2500k 4.0 GHz
FlyingIrishMan i5 2500k 4.0 GHz

Ivy Bridge Overclocked CPU Chart

Currently no one has posted an overclock here yet.

[multipage= AMD CPU Charts]

AM2+ and AM3 Overclocked CPU Chart

txlonghorn97 AMD Phenom II X4 965 4.1 GHz
lZombieGodl
AMD Phenom II X4 940
3.6 GHz

AM3+ Overclocked CPU Chart

Mr. Oppossum
AMD "Bulldozer" FX-8120
4.5 GHz

[multipage= NVIDIA GPU Charts]

NVIDIA Overclocked GPU Chart

NGU Username Graphics Card Used Core Clock Memory Clock
Millz59 GTX 580 979 MHz 2004 MHz
lZombieGodl
GTX 570 900 MHz 2050 MHz
Mr. Oppossum
GTX 570 732 MHz 1900 MHz
Shadow GTX 550ti 920 MHz 2090 MHz

[multipage= AMD GPU Charts]

AMD Overclocked GPU Chart

NGU Username Graphics Card Used Core Clock Memory Clock
FlyingIrishMan HD 6950 900 MHz 1350 MHz
Steve Jobs HD 6950 840 MHz 1325 MHz
txlonghorn97 HD 6950 840 MHz Stock

[multipage= Overclocking Guide]

Feel free to visit my overclocking guide here:

Last edited by Millz ; 08-02-2012 at 01:15 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Millz for this useful post:

Cpt.Slow, Lovol, Mr.Oppossum, Steve Jobs
04-02-2012, 06:56 PM #11
Millz
Worth the Weight
So I already see this thread is starting to die.

Nevertheless, bump.
05-28-2012, 10:44 PM #12
lZombieGodl
Gym leader
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
So I already see this thread is starting to die.

Nevertheless, bump.

Hey, im wondering if you can help me overclock?
Do i increase the voltage? (im trying to get from 3.3Ghz to 3.6Ghz)
How do i actually do it?
Will i kill my cpu?
my cpu is kind of old though.
Amd phenom ii x4 940
edit : its the black edition, if it makes a difference
Last edited by lZombieGodl ; 05-28-2012 at 10:53 PM.
05-29-2012, 12:47 AM #13
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by lZombieGodl View Post
Hey, im wondering if you can help me overclock?
Do i increase the voltage? (im trying to get from 3.3Ghz to 3.6Ghz)
How do i actually do it?
Will i kill my cpu?
my cpu is kind of old though.
Amd phenom ii x4 940
edit : its the black edition, if it makes a difference

:happycry: someone posted.

Although I'm not too sure on what voltages you will need to overclock that CPU, as voltages for all chips are different, but you must first make sure that you have adequate cooling.

Then you go into your BIOS, and look for something x10 (It should be CPU Clock Speed or something like that) Essentially you want to look for something that says 33 (Which is 3.3 GHz) Assuming you are using the stock clock, bump the CPU to 35 (3.5GHz) and leave the voltage normal. The voltage should be more than adequate for this.

If you want to go further, things get a little bit more complicated. When it comes to voltages in the BIOS there are two settings. Constant and Offset.

Constant feeds the chip the same amount of power the whole time, and offset is dynamic, and changes with the amount of CPU stress it is under. I suggest you start off with a constant voltage.

Set voltage to MANUAL. It should then show the stock rate at which the CPU is running at. Up the voltage by a tad, lets say 0.1V.

To test the CPU, run PRIME 95 and REALTEMP along with CPUZ. These three tools are ESSENTIAL. Run an in place large FFT first using prime 95, and use realtemp to monitor temperatures. It temperatures exceed 80 degrees (Celsius) then shut down the machine. Exposing your CPU to those temperatures could be "fatal"

Then there is offset voltages. These voltages are dynamic and change. I am using offset voltages on my PC right now, so as I type this I am only using about 1V. Under load I sometimes hit 1.35 but that's it. It's important to note that AMD chips (I believe) require more voltage.

This is really just a brief explanation and I urge you too look up your motherboard and look at some guides on overclocking using your motherboard and your CPU. I know I may have made this sound terribly impossible, but it is quite easy when you get the hang of it.

Here are some overclocking guides to get you started.

You must login or register to view this content. ----------Start Here

You must login or register to view this content. ---------Reference, try some similar settings.
You must login or register to view this content. ----------Make sure you know what you're doing.
You must login or register to view this content. ---------Not the same CPU or motherboard, but still gives you a feel for what's to come.

Search up guides, use google, ask around. I'll be here to help.

I urge you to be careful. I won't be held accountable for losses.

HAPPY OVERCLOCKING Happy

The following 2 users say thank you to Millz for this useful post:

lZombieGodl, Mr.Oppossum
05-29-2012, 08:09 PM #14
lZombieGodl
Gym leader

Although I'm not too sure on what voltages you will need to overclock that CPU, as voltages for all chips are different, but you must first make sure that you have adequate cooling.

Then you go into your BIOS, and look for something x10 (It should be CPU Clock Speed or something like that) Essentially you want to look for something that says 33 (Which is 3.3 GHz) Assuming you are using the stock clock, bump the CPU to 35 (3.5GHz) and leave the voltage normal. The voltage should be more than adequate for this.

If you want to go further, things get a little bit more complicated. When it comes to voltages in the BIOS there are two settings. Constant and Offset.

Constant feeds the chip the same amount of power the whole time, and offset is dynamic, and changes with the amount of CPU stress it is under. I suggest you start off with a constant voltage.

Set voltage to MANUAL. It should then show the stock rate at which the CPU is running at. Up the voltage by a tad, lets say 0.1V.

To test the CPU, run PRIME 95 and REALTEMP along with CPUZ. These three tools are ESSENTIAL. Run an in place large FFT first using prime 95, and use realtemp to monitor temperatures. It temperatures exceed 80 degrees (Celsius) then shut down the machine. Exposing your CPU to those temperatures could be "fatal"

Then there is offset voltages. These voltages are dynamic and change. I am using offset voltages on my PC right now, so as I type this I am only using about 1V. Under load I sometimes hit 1.35 but that's it. It's important to note that AMD chips (I believe) require more voltage.

This is really just a brief explanation and I urge you too look up your motherboard and look at some guides on overclocking using your motherboard and your CPU. I know I may have made this sound terribly impossible, but it is quite easy when you get the hang of it.

You must login or register to view this content. ---------Reference, try some similar settings.
You must login or register to view this content. ----------Make sure you know what you're doing.
You must login or register to view this content. ---------Not the same CPU or motherboard, but still gives you a feel for what's to come.

HAPPY OVERCLOCKING Happy

Thanks for that,
i think i might give it a go later =D
i think my tempature's okay, my cpu is 37'c (on like 5% load)
is that okay?
or do i need to take the temp when the cpu is under a large load?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

HAPPY OVERCLOCKING Happy

okay i just put my cpu under 100% load using prime95 and the tempature was 56'
is that bad?
05-29-2012, 08:33 PM #15
Millz
Worth the Weight
Thanks for that,
i think i might give it a go later =D
i think my tempature's okay, my cpu is 37'c (on like 5% load)
is that okay?
or do i need to take the temp when the cpu is under a large load?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

okay i just put my cpu under 100% load using prime95 and the tempature was 56'
is that bad?

Nope. That sounds perfect.

The following user thanked Millz for this useful post:

lZombieGodl
05-29-2012, 08:40 PM #16
lZombieGodl
Gym leader
Nope. That sounds perfect.

gonna look at some other peoples over clock results. im thinking about going up to 3.6Ghz? is that a realistic target.
05-29-2012, 09:17 PM #17
Millz
Worth the Weight
gonna look at some other peoples over clock results. im thinking about going up to 3.6Ghz? is that a realistic target.

I've seen people come close to 4 on those chips. I think that it's a realistic goal. Just make sure you keep an eye on temperatures and don't use too much voltage! Good luck!
06-01-2012, 10:40 PM #18
lZombieGodl
Gym leader
I've seen people come close to 4 on those chips. I think that it's a realistic goal. Just make sure you keep an eye on temperatures and don't use too much voltage! Good luck!

Overclock succesful!
got it up to 3.5Ghz with no voltage increase,
however its still stable :P
i put it at full load and the temp was only 56' idles at about 40'

And then i also oc my GPU
voltage - from 1 to 1.063
core clock - 750 to 870
shader clock - 1500 to 1740
memory - 1950 to 2000
idles at 40'
65' full load

succes or not? Smile