03-01-2013, 06:55 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, For some reason my google chrome gives me an error and wont load whenever i open it. I get a popup when i open it which is [ATTACH=CONFIG]22385[/ATTACH]. It pisses me off and ive been trying to fix it for about a week now. If anyone can help me it would be much appriecated and i would love you forever! The picture i put on there is really small so here is a snapshot of it You must login or register to view this content.
03-01-2013, 07:00 AM #2
Sir Zee
< ^ > < ^ >
Try this out

Originally posted by another user
I my case the file "preferences" has no permissions at all. Buy just in case, I adjusted all files in the the User Data folder: [drive]:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data

I've solved the problem doing this:

1.[drive]:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome
2.Right click on "User Data" folder
3.Go to "Security" tab
4.Click on "Advanced" button
5.Chek the last option "Replace permission entries..."
6.OK (this will take a few minutes)
7.OK

The following 2 users say thank you to Sir Zee for this useful post:

Pichu, Reflection.
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM #3
Originally posted by Sir
Try this out

Im such a noob at doing this type of stuff. I can figure our how to get documents and settings. Kinda confused... Lmfao!

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Originally posted by Sir
Try this out

Ok, i think i fount where it was. But there wasnt any google folder O.o
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM #4
Sir Zee
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ElevenTeen View Post
Im such a noob at doing this type of stuff. I can figure our how to get documents and settings. Kinda confused... Lmfao!

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

c
Ok, i think i fount where it was. But there wasnt any google folder O.o

Sometimes does it when you deleted folders that you haven't a clue what they are or if you update to a new Windows etc Let me know if it fixed it

The following user thanked Sir Zee for this useful post:

03-01-2013, 09:05 AM #5
Originally posted by Sir
Try this out

Ok...i finally got what you were saying. So that means im not a total dumbass. But i typed it in run and i got an error :O You must login or register to view this content. that is the error i got.

Edit: Ok so i just tried just doing run and searching in run just documents and settings and i got access denied... This is really starting to piss me -.-
Last edited by Reflection. ; 03-01-2013 at 09:14 AM.
03-01-2013, 09:14 AM #6
Sir Zee
< ^ > < ^ >
Ok...i finally got what you were saying. So that means im not a total dumbass. But i typed it in run and i got an error :O You must login or register to view this content. that is the error i got.

Forgive me haha it's an XP here what you do same steps but Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
Smile

03-01-2013, 09:19 AM #7
Originally posted by Sir
Forgive me haha it's an XP here what you do same steps but Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
Smile

Ok, i just did that and i finally fount user data, But i right clicked went to properties then secruity and advanced and the reset all permissions or whatever wasnt there. You must login or register to view this content.

Oh wow im retarded i got it, Hopefully it works. Ill let you know after its finished.
03-01-2013, 09:20 AM #8
Sir Zee
< ^ > < ^ >
Ok, i just did that and i finally fount user data, But i right clicked went to properties then secruity and advanced and the reset all permissions or whatever wasnt there. You must login or register to view this content.

if any more problems concerning it here's a thread You must login or register to view this content.
will help you out a bit more then i can do there a few step to doing it.

03-01-2013, 09:27 AM #9
Originally posted by Sir
if any more problems concerning it here's a thread You must login or register to view this content.
will help you out a bit more then i can do there a few step to doing it.

Damnit! Still doesnt work and i still get the same error. Thanks for trying though Winky Winky
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM #10
Uninstall chrome
Install Firefox

Problem solved and you freedom remains intact. If that fails to work you could try installing gentoo.

Or:

Uninstall Chrome
Re-install Chrome

Problem solved and you can embrace the botnet.
Last edited by Madison Taylor ; 03-01-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo