05-29-2015, 04:29 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So now that they've revealed what windows 10 looks like, how do you feel it compares to the other versions of windows, in particular 7 and 8?

Images of each OS:

Windows 10:

You must login or register to view this content.

Windows 8:

Windows 7:

Personally, I'm not sure I like Windows 10 as much as 7, but it's looking like an improvement over 8. 10 has a very nice sleek design though perhaps a little bland compared to the others, they might be taking the minimalism a little to far, in fact I'm inclined to think things look a little sterile and lifeless in windows 10 whereas the older versions seem to have more character and life to them. Though I feel the reason for this is that with 8 they went for a more childish image with the metro menus and other UI choices and want to shake off that image and show people that windows is an OS for professionals again and not some child's play toy as you might have thought from using windows 8 and metro. To compare 10 to 7, I feel like they've made a move in the right direction, but it still doesn't feel like they've improved on it. 7 gives off a more comforting feeling, a good balance between 8 and 10 where you can use it for work but also for fun and games, it isn't a distinct choice between the two and it doesn't feel more suited to one or the other.

So to conclude, in my opinion 10 isn't as good as 7, but definitely better than 8. I think the only place 10 really does beat 7 is in audio with the selection of a very good VA, I personally can't wait to hear her theme.

Reminder that these are all official Microsoft images of each OS.
05-30-2015, 01:11 AM #11
Chris
Former Staff
Originally posted by Geo View Post
The first public preview was released September 2014 :p think that was build 9871.. or 8826 or something, now on 10122 and its come a long way.

You think that you'll switch to Windows 10?
05-30-2015, 12:35 PM #12
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Natsu View Post
You think that you'll switch to Windows 10?

Been on it since the first build and I am not going back tears
05-31-2015, 03:35 AM #13
Toke
PC Master Race
why are the pictures just anime characters?
06-02-2015, 05:40 PM #14
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
why are the pictures just anime characters?

They're the official Microsoft mascots for those versions of windows. 10 doesn't have a name yet, Ai and Yuu for windows 8 and Nanami for windows 7. I was actually comparing the girls in the opening post, not operating systems... Internet Explorer also has an official mascot too: You must login or register to view this content.
06-02-2015, 05:50 PM #15
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Madison
They're the official Microsoft mascots for those versions of windows. 10 doesn't have a name yet, Ai and Yuu for windows 8 and Nanami for windows 7. I was actually comparing the girls in the opening post, not operating systems... Internet Explorer also has an official mascot too: You must login or register to view this content.

thats pretty gay tbh, but whatever microsoft is pretty gay overall
06-02-2015, 08:35 PM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Madison

Official in Japan but not anywhere else.
06-03-2015, 12:49 AM #17
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by norge1 View Post
they should bring back win xp just revamped only thing would be improved networking like in win7 but still keep simplicity win xp had as far as sharing and bridging cause sometimes win7 bugs out

So much no. Windows 7 was better IMO. 8 still needs improvements here and there but I prefer that.

As for 10, I'm not taken yet. But, I also haven't given it a chance. Might have to install it under another partition and have a play with it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo