Post: JDownloader Video/Link Downloader Tut (Youtube, Twitch etc.)
10-10-2015, 12:35 AM #1
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello guys today I thought I would share a very useful free tool called JDownloader.
JDownloader is a link crawler that grabs the video/audio/subtitles from a website that is hosting a video such as Youtube, Twitch, all Watchseries mirrors etc.
It can also run through a .txt of links and download a maximum of 20 links at a time (also goes through ad.fly links)

A couple days I was in a call with You must login or register to view this content., he wanted to grab a Twitch stream that was a few weeks old so I replied "I could try and find a Twitch converter?" He replied "Sure go for it..."
Allot of the tools I downloaded entitled "Twitch VOD Converter" etc. but none of them worked...

...Until JDownloader 2 Beta popped up :P

(Google JDownloader 2 Beta)

Heres how to download a video from Youtube (This tut works for all sites that has a video that you want to download.)

1. Copy a link from Youtube (i.e You must login or register to view this content.)

2. JDownloader will automatically pick up on your clipboard and wait for you to right click the newly added link and click 'Start Download', Or if the link didn't automatically add it self to the 'LinkGrabber' just right-click in JDownloader and click 'Paste Links'. (When download starts you may be prompted to install FFMPEG, just press install and JDownloader will install and restart the program automatically. Once it has restarted just repeat the download process.)

3. Navigate to the 'Awesome faceownloads' tab and you will see your video download (If it the download freezes or slows you can right-click and select 'Force Download Start'Winky Winky

4. Right-click the file in JDownloader and click 'Open Download Directory' and you will be taken to your downloaded file.

Heres how to download from multiple links.

1. Copy multiple links

2. Then Navigate to the bottom left and press 'Add New Links' and all they copied links should have automatically added it self to the big white box (If not then simply paste the links inside the big white box)

3. Press 'Continue' and you links will be parsed and added to 'LinkGrabber' tab, right-click the folder above the individual files (Could be named 'Various Files'Winky Winky and press the 'Start all Downloads'

4. Navigate to the 'Awesome faceownloads' tab and you will see your files being downloaded (If it the download freezes or slows you can right-click and select 'Force Download Start'Winky Winky
And thats it

5. Right-click the folder above the files in JDownloader and click 'Open Download Directory' and you will be taken to your downloaded file(s).

I started this thread because I was looking for a solution to a problem that JDownloader helped me fix, so if someone passes and see's this thread they will hopefully find it helpful.

-MessinBound
Last edited by MessinBound ; 10-11-2015 at 04:33 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to MessinBound for this useful post:

FormerlyChase, TehMerkMods, vicious_results
10-10-2015, 12:37 AM #2
TehMerkMods
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
Hello guys today I thought I would share a very useful free tool called JDownloader.
JDownloader is a link crawler that grabs the video/audio/subtitles from a website that is hosting a video such as Youtube, Twitch, all Watchseries mirrors etc.
It can also run through a .txt of links and download a maximum of 20 links at a time (also goes through ad.fly links)

A couple days I was in a call with You must login or register to view this content., he wanted to grab a Twitch stream that was a few weeks old so I replied "I could try and find a Twitch converter?" He replied "Sure go for it..."
Allot of the tools I downloaded entitled "Twitch VOD Converter" etc. but none of them worked...

Heres how to download a video from Youtube (This tut works for all sites that has a video that you want to download.)

1. Copy a link from Youtube (i.e You must login or register to view this content.)

2. JDownloader will automatically pick up on your clipboard and wait for you to right click the newly added link and click 'Start Download', Or if the link didn't automatically add it self to the 'LinkGrabber' just right-click in JDownloader and click 'Paste Links'. (When download starts you may be prompted to install FFMPEG, just press install and JDownloader will install and restart the program automatically. Once it has restarted just repeat the download process.)

3. Navigate to the 'Awesome faceownloads' tab and you will see your video download (If it the download freezes or slows you can right-click and select 'Force Download Start'Winky Winky

4. Right-click the file in JDownloader and click 'Open Download Directory' and you will be taken to your downloaded file.

1. Copy multiple links

2. Then Navigate to the bottom left and press 'Add New Links' and all they copied links should have automatically added it self to the big white box (If not then simply paste the links inside the big white box)

3. Press 'Continue' and you links will be parsed and added to 'LinkGrabber' tab, right-click the folder above the individual files (Could be named 'Various Files'Winky Winky and press the 'Start all Downloads'

4. Navigate to the 'Awesome faceownloads' tab and you will see your files being downloaded (If it the download freezes or slows you can right-click and select 'Force Download Start'Winky Winky
And thats it

5. Right-click the folder above the files in JDownloader and click 'Open Download Directory' and you will be taken to your downloaded file(s).

I started this thread because I was looking for a solution to a problem that JDownloader helped me fix, so if someone passes and see's this thread they will hopefully find it helpful.

-MessinBound

You must login or register to view this content.
Your friendly downloader :P
Looks abit paedophilish doe bb
10-18-2015, 04:54 AM #3

1. Copy multiple links

And thats it

-MessinBound

Looks good bro
10-19-2015, 05:31 PM #4
FormerlyChase
Do a barrel roll!

1. Copy multiple links

And thats it

-MessinBound

I would use this. I love getting videos off of youtube but all the good sites either cost money or get blocked by my network for unsafe jar or something like that. Thanks for this post look forward to using it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo