10-20-2014, 11:47 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So the title says it all. Is Destiny going to last like a true MMO? If you look at an MMO like Warcraft or EVE Online, they have been around for 10+ years. Destiny is supposed to be an MMO style game. Do you think Bungie is going to keep coming up with enough content to last like a true MMO?

My answer: No. Not all in one game. I think Destiny (The game we are all playing right now) will last 2 maybe 3 years, and then Bungie will release a "new" game. It'd still be Destiny (we could import our characters, stats, weapons, etc) but you wouldn't be able to access the current storyline on this new game, only the new one. Kind of like a Disc One/Disc Two thing. Once you finish up to a certain point, switch games and continue on the next one.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to keep it all in one game, but there just isn't enough content right now. In order for it to be a true MMO, Bungie needs to roll out some lasting stuff. Where player actions affect the in-game world. That way there would always be something to do.
10-21-2014, 12:10 AM #2
JesseBropez
Little One
Yes you are correct. Several games are going to seem like this game never existed in a couple years.
10-21-2014, 05:51 PM #3
Mauzey
Gym leader
Bungie's contract with Activision states that Destiny is to have 10 years worth of DLC.

Plus one of the best things Bungie has done with Destiny so far is taking in community feedback. We've yet to see what they do with that feedback besides with the Cryptarch... so there is still a chance it could turn into something good.

They also mentioned that "The Bungie that made Destiny is not the Bungie that will be developing the DLC".

In light of the pointless argument that ensued as a result of this, i'll attempt to clear something up by stating my actual opinion on the game.

I had more fun playing Destiny than I have done for a long time games, but that was until I hit around level 25 and the grind began - I only started playing the raid and nightfall on tuesdays, alongside visiting Xur on fridays unless gear needed leveling, to which I would then do bounties each day and log off. Upon hitting level 30 on my main, I see no point in the game than leveling my alts. But where is the fun in replaying all that replay-ability in the game?

The game will not last if they continue the way they're going. This is a common perspective on the game, of which I only recently began to agree with.

If you do disagree with what seems to be the majority opinion, then you're either a low level and have yet to see clarity, or are in love with the game (both not bad things, i'd love to be able to enjoy the game again like I used to).

I'm partially optimistic about it's future, but the way the DLC plan is currently set out, it will undoubtedly fail unless the content is top of the line - replay-ability does not cut it.

What keeps people playing the same shit over and over for so long? I watched a video a few days ago that explained it perfectly, for me anyway:

"It feels amazing to kill things in this game"
Last edited by Mauzey ; 10-27-2014 at 03:49 PM.
10-21-2014, 06:58 PM #4
Inaudax
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Mauzey View Post
Bungie's contract with Activision states that Destiny is to have 10 years worth of DLC.

Plus one of the best things Bungie has done with Destiny so far is taking in community feedback. We've yet to see what they do with that feedback besides with the Cryptarch... so there is still a chance it could turn into something good.

They also mentioned that "The Bungie that made Destiny is not the Bungie that will be developing the DLC".

Many other MMOs listen to the community feedback too, so what's your point? Any gaming business will say that. "We all listen to you" is a very common trait for businesses. In other words, businesses will always try to convince you to play / pay them with many various methods.

I dunno why people like you defend this game so much. Fanboyism much? Don't be so blind. Most people have already quit Destiny because it sucks at being a MMO and other reasons. Compare Destiny to many other MMOs and you will realize that they are 100x times better than Destiny: these other MMOs have far more content, more secured and have been up much longer than Destiny. Oh, right. You won't believe that.

Destiny will be a complete failure, whether or not you like it. More and more people will quit. End of story.

The following 2 users say thank you to Inaudax for this useful post:

Mauzey, Mr. Revenge
10-21-2014, 07:18 PM #5
Mauzey
Gym leader
Originally posted by Inaudax View Post
Many other MMOs listen to the community feedback too, so what's your point? Any gaming business will say that. "We all listen to you" is a very common trait for businesses. In other words, businesses will always try to convince you to play / pay them with many various methods.

I dunno why people like you defend this game so much. Fanboyism much? Don't be so blind. Most people have already quit Destiny because it sucks at being a MMO and other reasons. Compare Destiny to many other MMOs and you will realize that they are 100x times better than Destiny: these other MMOs have far more content, more secured and have been up much longer than Destiny. Oh, right. You won't believe that.

Destiny will be a complete failure, whether or not you like it. More and more people will quit. End of story.

Why so defensive? I never said anything regarding any 'point' or my own opinion, nor anyone else's for that matter...

Grow up and stop flaunting yourself like the omniscient internet tough guy you aspire to be.
Last edited by Mauzey ; 10-21-2014 at 07:20 PM.
10-21-2014, 07:43 PM #6

Chill bro. What he is trying to say is, Bungie said they were listening, and they did something about it, almost immediately. Destiny isn't a traditional MMO. Yes Destiny is a light on content. I would like to know what you mean by "more secured" tho. Security hasn't been an issue for Bungie? It's not like people are hacking the shit out of the game. As for the "Been up for much longer than Destiny" part. All I can really say is, no shit? The game JUST came out...

Also I have done everything in the game and I'm still not bored. You just gotta find the right people to play with and you wont get bored.

The following 4 users say thank you to partypoker15 for this useful post:

darkscout, King Sosa, Mauzey, THEHELPER5
10-22-2014, 01:27 AM #7
THEHELPER5
Gym leader
i think it will last, bungie seems to almost know what they are doing, we just have to give them some time.
10-23-2014, 03:46 AM #8
Inaudax
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Mauzey View Post
Why so defensive? I never said anything regarding any 'point' or my own opinion, nor anyone else's for that matter...

Grow up and stop flaunting yourself like the omniscient internet tough guy you aspire to be.

Your opinion has implied that Destiny *will* be a better game because of the "community feedback" and "DLCs", which I've disagreed because of your ignorance regarding the general aspects of MMO. So, I've voiced my opinion rightfully so because I've actually played many other MMOs, unlike you. That was the whole point.

If you don't play other MMOs that much except Destiny, then maybe you need to re-evaluate yourself. Your mindset is like "Apple is better than Orange because I've never ever gave Orange a real shot and I don't like the smell, therefore Apple is the best."

Also, don't be a hypocrite. You obviously know nothing about freedom of speech and the Internet as well. Not just that, you're also the one who has nothing to counter my arguments but spew out with personal attacks instead. Good on you, bro.

Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
Chill bro. What he is trying to say is, Bungie said they were listening, and they did something about it, almost immediately. Destiny isn't a traditional MMO. Yes Destiny is a light on content. I would like to know what you mean by "more secured" tho. Security hasn't been an issue for Bungie? It's not like people are hacking the shit out of the game. As for the "Been up for much longer than Destiny" part. All I can really say is, no shit? The game JUST came out...

Also I have done everything in the game and I'm still not bored. You just gotta find the right people to play with and you wont get bored.

Why wouldn't a MMO game listen to people? MMO games are very different to non-MMO games (COD, single / multiplayer games, etc.) Of course, most MMOs listen to people and they have actually done things about it, pretty quickly too. So, why do you people have to be such captains obvious?

Security on Destiny sucks. 50% of it is client-sided (ammo, movement, super, 1 hit kill, etc.) whereas many other MMOs are purely server-sided. Destiny ban? There are private anti-ban bypasses out there. So, if Destiny wants to make everything more secure, they would have to re-make the game (client-sided code and server-sided code are different) and they'd have to spend more $$$ on that part, which they don't want to. A full (or almost) server-sided game costs more than a half client-sided game (like Destiny) because Bungie wants to save money. Since a server that's almost / full server-sided will hog more power than your own electricity which means they have to pay extra fees for their servers expenses. See where I'm going with?

Yeah, Destiny has just came out with crappy content. But why the need to be so optimistic? Do you really believe anything what Bungie says? That Destiny will be better in a few months or years? Well, good luck finding out. A lesson for you: just because Bungie "promise" to deliver better experience in the upcoming months, it doesn't mean they are 100% truthful. Do you even know how businesses work? They ensure that you get their messages. Once they get your confidence, you're done for. And no, I'm not talking about them "listening to people" and "fixing bugs / exploits"

Destiny is incredibly boring, easy and repetitive but most of all, it's luck with the crappy loot system. Me and friends had just completed the raid on hard mode in 1 week since the raid was unlocked, lol? That's not supposed to happen. That's not how a real MMO would behave. If Destiny was a true MMO, it'd take much longer to progress and the rewards would have been better. And the list goes on. Overall, Destiny is a complete failure at being a MMO. I don't care if you love the game so much, but I'm just speaking my mind out.

And before you ask. No, I don't play Destiny anymore.
Last edited by Inaudax ; 10-23-2014 at 04:20 AM.

The following user thanked Inaudax for this useful post:

Mauzey
10-23-2014, 08:06 AM #9

Yeah, I already quit playing it like a week ago. Its so fucking repetitive it feels like. Same old fucking Nightfall and worse...Nightfalls always same shit as weekly strikes. It just makes it even more boring playing it like 6xs if you have 3 characters. Then your Vanguard Tiger...same strikes again. Oh and the shitty system they call "legendary" gear? So anyone just buys legendary gear and its useless to get to level 30 you're forced to do Raid...oh and then you do the Raid over 10xs and it gives the Raid gear to the undeserving ppl who got carried in the Raid. That fucked up my Destiny experience, I just thought I'd just quit the game, mainly since its repetitive. If you enjoy it tho guys...then by all means keep playing it, its you and you do what u want with your life.
10-23-2014, 08:17 AM #10
Your opinion has implied that Destiny *will* be a better game because of the "community feedback" and "DLCs", which I've disagreed because of your ignorance regarding the general aspects of MMO. So, I've voiced my opinion rightfully so because I've actually played many other MMOs, unlike you. That was the whole point.

If you don't play other MMOs that much except Destiny, then maybe you need to re-evaluate yourself. Your mindset is like "Apple is better than Orange because I've never ever gave Orange a real shot and I don't like the smell, therefore Apple is the best."

Also, don't be a hypocrite. You obviously know nothing about freedom of speech and the Internet as well. Not just that, you're also the one who has nothing to counter my arguments but spew out with personal attacks instead. Good on you, bro.

Why wouldn't a MMO game listen to people? MMO games are very different to non-MMO games (COD, single / multiplayer games, etc.) Of course, most MMOs listen to people and they have actually done things about it, pretty quickly too. So, why do you people have to be such captains obvious?

Security on Destiny sucks. 50% of it is client-sided (ammo, movement, super, 1 hit kill, etc.) whereas many other MMOs are purely server-sided. Destiny ban? There are private anti-ban bypasses out there. So, if Destiny wants to make everything more secure, they would have to re-make the game (client-sided code and server-sided code are different) and they'd have to spend more $$$ on that part, which they don't want to. A full (or almost) server-sided game costs more than a half client-sided game (like Destiny) because Bungie wants to save money. Since a server that's almost / full server-sided will hog more power than your own electricity which means they have to pay extra fees for their servers expenses. See where I'm going with?

Yeah, Destiny has just came out with crappy content. But why the need to be so optimistic? Do you really believe anything what Bungie says? That Destiny will be better in a few months or years? Well, good luck finding out. A lesson for you: just because Bungie "promise" to deliver better experience in the upcoming months, it doesn't mean they are 100% truthful. Do you even know how businesses work? They ensure that you get their messages. Once they get your confidence, you're done for. And no, I'm not talking about them "listening to people" and "fixing bugs / exploits"

Destiny is incredibly boring, easy and repetitive but most of all, it's luck with the crappy loot system. Me and friends had just completed the raid on hard mode in 1 week since the raid was unlocked, lol? That's not supposed to happen. That's not how a real MMO would behave. If Destiny was a true MMO, it'd take much longer to progress and the rewards would have been better. And the list goes on. Overall, Destiny is a complete failure at being a MMO. I don't care if you love the game so much, but I'm just speaking my mind out.

And before you ask. No, I don't play Destiny anymore.

lol...I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. Someone that understands the shitty garbage loot system it has. Really dude...also how can a legendary be a legendary when u can buy it soooo easy. Then you have every person with "legendary" purple gear, lol they seem like like "rare" gear to me. Then u buy the "legendary" and for what??? It won't give u rank 30, right? Oh but they force you to do Raid and god...the shitty loot system. Then once again, hey what do u know? Well, EVERYONE has the same fucking gear. Now you're just a common person with common exactly same gear as every other person who is level 30. I'm not gonna lie, I was joyful like the first 3 weeks but then, I saw and played through everything and saw how dumb it was to keep playing it seeing how this game turned out after playing it a while.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo