Login | Register

Thread: How much machinima pays?

Afrojack Puffin da Erb

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 662

Membership Donator

05-04-2010 08:37 AM #1 How much machinima pays?

I was wondering how much money are commentators like seananners and hutch getting from machinima. Like are they getting enough money to barely support themselves.... Or do they just do commentating on the side and have an actual real job or are they making a lot of money.... Thanks for responses.

2. xAldes I am error

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 79

Membership Standard

05-04-2010 09:05 AM #2

Hutch has an actual job there now, people like seananners, wings of redemption are premier directors and im sure they get paid according to how many views their videos obtain.

Couldnt give you an actual figure but its pretty sweet getting paid for uploading videos of your hobby

I know gunit123 made about 3000 from his fake nuke video

RICHIE209 March 6, 2011.

Join Date May 2008

Posts 5,964

Membership Donator

05-04-2010 09:17 AM #3

It's sad they get paid at all. Makes a fun thing seem like work.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Afrojack Puffin da Erb

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 662

Membership Donator

05-04-2010 09:22 AM #4

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE209 View Post
    It's sad they get paid at all. Makes a fun thing seem like work.
    that is such a pessimistic view you have. You should be thinking about it this way: you are getting paid for something you love doing!

strwrsbob NGU Nazi Zombie Historian

Join Date Apr 2009

Posts 458

Membership Donator

05-04-2010 09:29 AM #5

From what I understand, they do make enough for food, clothing, heat, rent, and other items. However, it is not enough to purchase "extra" things, and xbox and TV are some Things they barely buy. This is incentive to make better videos, make more money, and then machinima gets mmore money

CODz Staff- PS3 Ambassador/ Veteran
    CODz- Research Team

6. Join Date

Posts n/a

Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

05-04-2010 09:42 AM #6

We aren't technically supposed to reveal what is in the contract, but it is safe to say that Seananners, who I would probably consider to now be the biggest commentator (since Hutch works for them) makes a few hundred a video. Also, the payment comes from ad supported views, which are only within the U.S, so the view count is not necessarily going to reflect payment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _____ For This Useful Post:

Afrojack Puffin da Erb

Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 662

Membership Donator

05-04-2010 09:48 AM #7

Quote Originally Posted by Sesh View Post
    We aren't technically supposed to reveal what is in the contract, but it is safe to say that Seananners, who I would probably consider to now be the biggest commentator (since Hutch works for them) makes a few hundred a video. Also, the payment comes from ad supported views, which are only within the U.S, so the view count is not necessarily going to reflect payment.
    OK thanks man.
    EDIT:I have seen your videos on machinima. I was wondering how you got involved? when did you start commentating? Is it easy to get into? Around how much money have you got so far? Any tips?(barr the cliche: be yourself! lol)
    Last edited by Afrojack; 05-04-2010 at 09:59 AM.

9. Join Date

Posts n/a

Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

05-05-2010 07:42 PM #8

Quote Originally Posted by Croke-_ View Post
    OK thanks man.
    EDIT:I have seen your videos on machinima. I was wondering how you got involved? when did you start commentating? Is it easy to get into? Around how much money have you got so far? Any tips?(barr the cliche: be yourself! lol)
    I'd recommend sending a video in to their Sports channel, as it is still in the developing stages and there is a good chance of them seeing it. Contrary to popular belief, they don't care about subscriber count.

darkrider17 Bounty hunter

Join Date Dec 2009

Posts 187

Membership Standard

05-06-2010 12:25 AM #9

Can anyone be part of machinima or do you have to lie pretty good? lol jk but seriously how does on get into it? I know youdon't have to be good becaus I've seen these people play and they are average.

11. toad321 Bounty hunter

Join Date Dec 2008

Posts 177

Membership Standard

05-06-2010 05:21 AM #10

Quote Originally Posted by xAldes View Post

I know gunit123 made about 3000 from his fake nuke video
    You got any proof of that?